HUNTER X HUNTER

Neferpitou

Stand User
Being re-reading the volume recently, probably the first time where I went back and start reading from start to the latest volume of a manga. So that show what a good Manga I think its.

While reading it make me wonder is it truly shonen title and not more a seinen title. It maybe released in shonen magazine but the graphicness of the violence, the complexity and darkness of characters are anything but shonen. But at the same time it captures what shonen titles is about: a journey of self improvement and adventure.

Hunter X Hunter easily out classes the three most popular Shounen series, I love One Piece, but it really doesn't compare to HxH in the long run. I mean, there's a lot of text to be read, but Togashi's narrative is really descriptive and explains the scene better than a bunch of panels ever could. How far are you btw? I need to catch up on a couple of chapters in the Ant Lion arc, right now it's really epic although it has been that way for a good three years now.

I just read todays chapter, loved it and want to read more. I'm not sure how I got into Hunter X Hunter, but I couldn't stop after a few volumes and was obsessed with the greed island arc. Very consistant up untill the point where the art goes ****** D: (it gets back on track soon after though :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus said:
Hunter X Hunter easily out classes the three most popular Shounen series, I love One Piece, but it really doesn't compare to HxH in the long run. I mean, there's a lot of text to be read, but Togashi's narrative is really descriptive and explains the scene better than a bunch of panels ever could. How far are you btw? I need to catch up on a couple of chapters in the Ant Lion arc, right now it's really epic although it has been that way for a good three years now.

In manga form I total agree with you that they out class the other three big shonen, I have yet read a better shonen anywhere else to date. Anime version I would go just for ONE PIECE though, but its a bit unfair compare 400+ episodes against less than 100 HUNTER X HUNTER received though.

Currently upto date with the Manga while at the same time re-read HUNTER X HUNTER VIZ release up to Greed Island.

I've recently started getting Hunter X Hunter Manga because I loved the anime when I watched it such a long time ago, I wish I had it on DVD. I really like One Piece but I Prefer Hunter X Hunter.

JamesX said:
I've recently started getting Hunter X Hunter Manga because I loved the anime when I watched it such a long time ago, I wish I had it on DVD. I really like One Piece but I Prefer Hunter X Hunter.

Finished watching the Anime not long ago for the second time. While the anime in some respect has moment which improve on the Manga like: when aunt Mito cuddled both Gon & Killua. Killua completely shocked at first as he never felt any love at all from his assassin family upbringing but soon accepted it and was probably the happiest moment of his life, a really lovely moment.

The Manga still is way above the Anime, as the anime tend to over simplify certain moments so you lose the tactical complexity of certain confrontation which is very apparent in the very last ova series.

It shame this is the only Manga of it kind to offer this combination of journey of self improvement and adventure while running each part of the story in logical fashion and not ending up with some sudden power up or massive plot holes. i.e in One Piece Why doesn't no one make sea stone knuckle dusters to take on the logia users

Yeah, I noticed in the first two volumes that there was quite a bit missing from the start of the anime. and I found that it made Leorio appear different when they first met.

I have to say, I just love you method of destroying One Piece... one slight problem. How would you get close enough to most of them? :p

There's quite few more changes you going to see in future in the Hunter X Hunter manga. Some will improve the experience while others won't.

Regarding One Piece:
If you noticed most of logia users are quite arrogant and simply never bother dodge attacks, even against haki user the admiral let their enemy hit them. Fights between strong character in One Piece rarely end in one punch knock outs. So a strong fighter once got in to range and touch the logia user using sea stone they would lose all the devil fruits power and defence they heavily rely on. They would be screwed. For added bonus the person using sea stone weapon could use sea stone hand cuffs on logia user and completely disabling them.

Even with those problem I do immensely enjoy One Piece, but something like Hunter X Hunter is a truly unique shonen which I doubt we will see another of it quality ever again.

The latest Chapter has really split the fan base with one side loving it,while the other loathing it. But whatever their opinion they will be desperate to read the next chapter.

The following is not prediction of what I think would happen but something I would like to see happen.

Killua arrives to see Gon in his new state. He quickly realises the power and what he must have sacrificed to gain it. Before he can utter a word, Gon disappears in a flash, Killua knows he off to face the King and rushes after him.

We now cut to the king who see something to regain his memory. While suddenly some rushes towards the palace like a gust of wind, it finds and grabs Meleoron. We finally see its Gon and now he is in front of the king holding Meleoron in one hand and the near dead body of Pitou in the other.

The king question who this new person before him. Youpi take a second but realises the person before him is the boy who charged him on the stairs. King say out load to gon you must have sacrificed something great to gain power enough to damage Pitou so badly. But it still not enough to beat him.

Gon make a new NEN vow and says it out load that he will kill the king and will give up his life to do this. Gon shouts "Meleoron" who gets exactly what he wants and turn gon invisible. Gon runs around with Meleoron on his back while charging nen attack to maximum for one last strike.

The King is puzzled and begin to fire of attack that he gain from youpi and random to hit around the palace to hit the invisible gon. Gon charges the nen for near 1 minute and charges directly at the king. Meleoron runs out breath and they lose there become visble but its too late for the king to dodge.

Killua jumps in front of the king as he does want gon to die to kill the king. Gon see this but is too late as even though manages to lower the attack power it still enough to leave killua who took the blow near death. Gon collapses and returns to younger self and is in tears at what he has done as sits over Killua near lifeless body.

Killua body disappears and gon see it now next to the king, filled with ragged he charges in futile attack at the king. But stops once he see the king with Pitou healing ability healing both killua and Pitou bodies. King absorbed some of pitou to do this. King says his fight with Netero, seeing some so young as gon to sacrifice himself and killua to sacrifice himself for his friend that his original judgement were to hasty. He needs to learn much more before deciding what he should do in future and declares he will leave here taking the ants with him on journey of discovery. The ants leave and killua wakes up to find Gon over in tears over him, Gon hugs him and tells him he sorry.

Back