Hunter x Hunter

Chibi Yosho

School Idol
I've just finished reading the manga but I watched the anime a few weeks ago. Has anyone else seen it or read it?

All I have to say is that it is one of the most amazing things I've ever come across. It has a great story, great characters and a great world. Gon, the main character, has the most loveable personality that you can imagine and he is backed up with characters with great personalities, dark-sides and talents.

When I watched the anime I started to think about how Naruto-like it was, then I looked at the date the manga was written and I was before Naruto. Plus it is better than Naruto XD.

The anime is mostly taken up by the Hunter Exam. A Hunter is a respected person in this world, they can do anything they want, really. Gon and his friends entered the exam for their own reasons and show that they really want to become a Hunter and will do anything to achive their goal.

If you wish to learn more I suggest that you get the anime (fansubbed only) or read the manga (which gets boring at some parts, but is still good). If you are a fan of battles, YuYu Hakusho or Naruto you will be pleased with this anime/manga!

I first saw Hunter x Hunter about 4 years ago!
It has a lot more "oomph" than many other anime of the same genre and is one of my favourites! Kurapika is my fave character - he's so cool :mrgreen:

I assume you read the manga online?! as the first volume isn't released until next month - and I for one shall be buying it :D

Ramen89 said:
When I watched the anime I started to think about how Naruto-like it was

The person that does the voice for Naruto also did the voice for Gon, and someone in the last series of Digimon.

You mean Junko Takauchi. I think many Naruto fans were a little shocked that Naruto was VA'd by a woman :lol:

Ramen89 said:
You mean Junko Takauchi

Thats the one, Its weird that nearly all boys/teenagers in anime are voiced by females, probably because men's voices get too deep or something.

There are a lot of softly spoken male characters with female VA's as well.
Kuripika also has a female VA in Hunter x Hunter but then considering the speculation of his true sexuality, it's hardly surprising!! :lol:

(i posted this yesterday, bit since due to the site, getting invaded my hacking, super powered monkey's.. looks like i'll have to post it again...)

HXH is my most faveourite anime. you can see all the similarities, and ideas where the current huge hit *Naruto* must have gotten the ideas... such as, Kurapika, with the whole eye thing and the last member of a legendary clan thingie.
The fact that they have to take tests to be a Hunter, like Naruto they take tests to be a ninja.
i could go on, but my hands are tired, from typing today.........

its ment to start of amazing, but the last 2 oavs become **** and pointless like DBZ

I like i said before the problems that deleted my post.
I like this seire alot even better then naruto. the seire has a much better characters development and i like the way it expansions all the chi and zen and yen stuff (tho it still confuseing me abit)

shaz said:
its ment to start of amazing, but the last 2 oavs become **** and pointless like DBZ

Meaning you haven't actually seen it :?

At no point does it become tedious for me, I have seen the entire series and all of the OVAs and love it all - Go Kurapika- yummy :twisted:

actually i read alot of reviews! an all the sites say the same thing. but watching a show for so long means that ur gonna like it no matter how crap it may become.

shaz said:
actually i read alot of reviews! an all the sites say the same thing. but watching a show for so long means that ur gonna like it no matter how crap it may become.

You want to check out the how influenced are you by reviews thread :lol:

You can't base an opinion on other peoples reviews! My top ten anime titles rank pretty poorly in most anime reviews but that doesn't mean they're no good, it just means the people reviewing them didn't like what they watched.

Your last comment is pretty daft too! Just because a series is long running it doesn't mean you have to like it because you spent all that time watching it!! Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King and Hikaru No Go are all long running series but I stopped about a third of the way with each series because I just couldn't get "into" them :?

hmmm well i do look a professional opinios that it tels me thee good and bad so i can make my own opinion on it. in the past the sites i look at have been right. but so much anime out these days i have to look at these sites to see whats the best.

Ive got the entire series of HXH sitting on my shelf, I havent watched it tho cause unfortunately a HK Dvd which makes it pretty unreadable, I keep telling myself Im gonna try it but I just allways forget, Is it worth it Miaka-chan?

Ramen89 said:
Ive got the entire series of HXH sitting on my shelf, I havent watched it tho cause unfortunately a HK Dvd which makes it pretty unreadable, I keep telling myself Im gonna try it but I just allways forget, Is it worth it Miaka-chan?

It's definitely worth it :D I also have those DVDs! and although sometimes the subs can be bad, on the whole I found them OK. As long as like me, you can do a bit of speedy retranslating as you go along, you'll be alright! :lol:

I got mine of ebay, started watching it yesterday, I'm up to like episode 6 or 7, its pretty good but most of the time I cant understand what the subtitles are telling me, there so bad that they even get the main characters names wrong i.e. Gon = Gan!

Back