Hunter X Hunter Licensed

I hope it is true but it does seem to be a rumour of a rumour and even if true I fear the R2 English licence is still a long way off. For some reason I thought there already was a R1 licence for the anime.

Only two other people care? [If this was Shippuden the amount of posts in this topic would be HUGE] <3 to you both for liking HxH.

Lupus Inu said:
Only two other people care? [If this was Shippuden the amount of posts in this topic would be HUGE] <3 to you both for liking HxH.

i like it this way :) at least this way the hype and awsomeness of it wouldnt get ruined like Naruto and shipuden. (i like naruto but the hype and service it gets annoyes me)

long live HxH

HxH is probably the best manga i own. :p

If it is getting dubbed then thats wicked, but what if it has a naruto dub were like everyone sounds 30?

You would not be enjoying the dub then.

Fine, I'm happy. I haven't read much of it. A few scanlated chapters. Seems to be worth carrying on with, Especially since it is (apparently) one of the better shonen manga/anime.

love HxH... Gon is just one of the the cutest anime characters ever.... he's just so cute..... ^_^

and why is it that it took so long to get it licence... after yuyu hakusho got licenced they should have licence HxH immediately coz it came from one of the best mangaka.......

Ice Climber said:
This is conjectre at best.

I've got no idea what the whole reservation thing is about about what an "SKU" is, but the person who made the post seems to know what they're on about.

Maybe I should have added a question mark to the title, but I think I'm going to be super-optimistic and keep it as a statement =)

Necromancer said:
when the manga gets finished up.

*if the manga gets finished up.

Is the manga near the end of the story then? Could there be lots of plot twists to keep it going? The 24th volume apparently came out early last month in Japan, so let's keep our fingers crossed there will be more. I can't wait to begin watching this series/reading the manga.

UPDATE:

SonRyo @ AnimeNation forums said:
Ok, so immediately after I saw that my company had reservation sku's for HXH, I shot them off an email. I had asked them if the reason why we now have reservation sku's available for the HXH anime is because we at the corporate/buyer level had received a notice/solicit that the HXH anime has been licensed by a US distributor for domestic release. The response came back today, and it was "Yes, they will be available soon. News to come..."

I was rather hoping they'd mention WHO licensed it, but oh well.

So while not exactly from the horses, this is good enough for me!

I gotta say, this is great news. I've always had 3 anime titles on a mental list that "should be licensed but probably never will". If this is true, that knocks the last of the 3 off that list (Flame of Recca and Hajime no Ippo being the other 2).

melonpan said:
Is the manga near the end of the story then?
No where near it, and you might want to read the manga, it's better, but the anime is still good in it's own right. [It's also probably the best Shounen in Shounen Jump right now.]

Back