Hunter x Hunter Licence?

afoia

Adventurer
Sorry guys theres not hunter x hunter anime licences yet (as far as i know of!) But i'm just toying with the idea of it. Would this be possible for Viz + Manga ent to pick up to sell in the west? HxH manga is fairly popular so why havent they licenced the series yet? Its my favourite anime to date and apart from looking dated the story is amazing! Maybe the licencing companies are waiting for the remastered DVDs or something but i want to know why there was never any interest in such an awesome show?

Hunter X Hunter is apparently licensed by Viz Media and the first 13 episode boxset is out December. About time too, Hunter X Hunter is the cream of the crop when it comes to Shounen.

sanji no 1 said:
I heared of that show. whats it about? is there action in it?
I don't know how to respond to this, there's so many different ways I could do it... but I'm just going to say this: Hunter X Hunter is brilliant I assure you, after the first volume or first few anime episodes you'll be in love with it. I just can't express it enough worlds fail me when someone asks about Hunter X Hunter and I want to explain it.

Here's a short clip which is pretty awesome, the animation is like peanut butter and jelly... how I would describe it, mainly because of who the key animator is, lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PoAFu6ZztMw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PoAFu6ZztMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry to raid your thread, Afoia, but your question is answered.

the story for HxH is excellent, for one naruto ripped off HxH so badly, so if you like naruto then you will definitely find something to like about HxH, but unlike naruto HxH has a very immersive storyline that manages to avoid all the typical shounen pitfalls.

HxH is a shounen manga with minimalist fight sequences, but when they happen it's astonishing.
it has a large number of stereotypes? yes, but still, it's more fresh than any as many situations in HxH are not your usual "kick ass first, ask later" attitude, common to many shounen manga.
The quality of HxH is a huge leap from his previous series as well.
I really hope he does give it a proper ending though, as YuYu Hakusho had a lame ending =/

Riddarn said:
HxH was indeed amazing but the manga kinda gradually degraded. for me atleast
You mean in the artwork? If so it's fixed in the proper volume releases, Togashi fixes all the problems which he released in the Shounen Jump issues.

HxH has stereotypes and clichés of Shounen series, yes, but it handles them so well you easily disregard them or don't even give them any thought, Togashi pulls it off marvelously well. He's pretty much God tbh.

I haven't looked into HxH much because whenever someone mentioned the name elsewhere they attacked it, saying it wasn't the best series out there. It isn't one of the highly rated series that gets thrown at newbies in recommendation threads.

If it ever gets released here I'd be willing to give it a go since it's supposed to be similar to Naruto. I just hope that, unlike every other shounen I've watched, good guys die on a frequent basis and it isn't a case of only the baddies dying - That's what I hate the most about shounen series.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIiBhpI58LY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIiBhpI58LY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

first official trailer for HxH

note that the narrator can't pronounce half of the names for ****.

Hunter X Hunter is very good series and probable the best shonen I have ever seen. With incredible emotional depth and really well though out characters, in a lot of cases don't follow the standard character designs.

It also case where the anime is better than the manga as they added extra detail and moment to improve the story no end. So much so Its better to watch the first 62 anime series and the first OVA than reading the manga. After that though the manga is better than remain 2&3 OVA that have been released.

I'd hope it'll be a success in R1 and they'll bring it across to R2. I'm also kind of glad the anime ends after Greed Island as I dunno what to think of the Chimera Ant arc and the fact Yoshihiro Togashi has put the series on many hiatus'. Its okay so far, but the story just seems to be lacking what the previous story arcs had.

But Ive seen some of the anime and it doesn't disappoint and does the manga justice, unlike some other anime series.

Wait... wut? I personally think Chimera Ant arc is his best work yet, seriously, it's just amazing... but such brilliant work takes time.

Personally cannot wait for the R1 release

Hunter X Hunter is one of my favourite Manga/Anime at the moment

And even better is the fact that the latest hiatus is over and the latest chapter came out in last weeks shonen jump!

Lupus Inu said:
Wait... wut? I personally think Chimera Ant arc is his best work yet, seriously, it's just amazing... but such brilliant work takes time.

I just thought the arc with troupe/auction/greed island was abit better. Chimera is okay, but I'm still not sure of it yet. Maybe it picks up soon, cos Ive only read up to the end of vol.22 so far, does it?

Hexo said:
Lupus Inu said:

I just thought the arc with troupe/auction/greed island was abit better. Chimera is okay, but I'm still not sure of it yet. Maybe it picks up soon, cos Ive only read up to the end of vol.22 so far, does it?
Oh you're not as far as I am. lol. Yeah, it gets waaaay better. York Shin arc was really good, but I think the Chimera Ant arc is the best from the latest chapter released in Weekly Jump.

Back