Hunted - The Demon's Forge

Chaz

Chuunibyou
This is probably going to be the best fantasy-based action RPG of the year. (And then we have Deus EX in a more Sci-fi action RPG.)

Hunted - The Demon's Forge looks like a fast action pure-bred beat-em-up style game, but that's only the 1st impression. Since you can mix weapons from your sword fighting to bows and such, it gives you a great choice of running head-strong into a mob of beast, or pick them off with a barrage of arrows while strafing to your next point.

With the different areas within this world, that could also be a 'life-or-death decision' in-game, as there is no consistent ring or ground to fight in. You can be trying to cross a stone bridge and be sniped by mobs up high, or go through a corridor/alley and have numerous monsters throwing arrows at a distance, to meeting an assassin in the middle of a stroll. But because of the layout, you may have lots of things to hide behind, or you just have to leap into the fray. And the scenery looks fantastic, with lots of Gothic influences and rocky trails, all detailed to class and given a dark atmosphere.

The mobs themselves are varied, and you will get annoyed with some I bet. Not because of poor design, but the fact of... well for example, they have a few types of mobs being able to teleport just before you hit them. "Time for the killer blow, ARGH!!! - Huh? Lil'..."
Others, like the Minotaur are not so bull-like, but are built like a tank - and they're hard to stop. They still have horns and somewhat nostrils, but their upper body is far more blocky/ridged rather than curvy muscles and long necks.

All-in-all, this game has made me view it as a high-impact adventure with a great atmosphere (and this is just from watching trailers). I'm definitely gonna be trading in to help me buy this on the 3rd.
But then again, I'd advise you watch the trailers. I think they'll do a better job showing you what has been generalized here.

Anyone else excited about this?

Back