• 101 - 200

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 201++

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Just me being nosy again but hey! I'm a woman, I can't help it

If you don't include anime that you gave up on, or only ever bought the first disc, how many anime TV series, OVAs and films have you watched?

I couldn't give an exact amount unless I was to spend half the day writing down the titles but I estimated over 250, which sounds a lot but when divided over the 12/13 years I've been a fan only equates to about 20 a year!

I would say about just over 201 myself but only just as ive only been watching anime alot sense 4 years ago but i would think about 201 and over.
I tyred to make a list once but it took to long so i gave up.

I've been watching most anime since late 2003, I've probably seen at least 50 anime features since then, but more like 70.

I'm not someone who can marathon a series, if I like something, I usually watch 2 episodes a day, so therefore it usually takes me around 2 weeks to get through a standard 26 episode series.

Then we have all the UK review discs... Ask me again in a few years time and I'll probably be an encyclopaedia of anime knowledge! ;)

I'd have to say 21-50; but it's probably more around the 20 region. I've seen the start of quite a few of series but never continued on with it, so those don't count. But otherwise I'd say a fair 20 or so ^^;

I'm one of the ones who's in the 1-20 category.

At the mo I just don't have the financial resources to buy as many as I would like and I also get distracted with other interests of mine.

It always comes back to money, and it makes me do this >>> :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awful, isn't it?

I have to mention Miaka-chan, you have to be one of the most dedicated fans in the country. Ever thought about becoming an ambassdor for anime & manga in the UK? :) :wink:

P.S. I just realised something, films and OVAS are included which means I've probably seen closer over 100. I thought it was just big series, but if I include everything I've seen a fair bit after all. Though most new stuff I haven't (I lapsed a few years back see). Thought I'd add that. :D

At the mo I just don't have the financial resources to buy as many as I would like and I also get distracted with other interests of mine

Im in the same boat but I've been around on the fansub circuit for a few years so probably 50+ series.

Miaka-chan said:
Hovis! said:
I have to mention Miaka-chan, you have to be one of the most dedicated fans in the country.

Either that, or extremely sad :lol:

Nah, you like what you like. Not many people out there who actually follow an interest THEY genuinely like. A lot of peeps just like what the mass public and media tell them to. :) Mostly. :)

I've been watching anime for around 2 years (not counting my childhood years of watching Samurai Pizza Cats), in that time I've seen around 40 complete series/OVAs/films, with another 20 or so that I'm partway through.

21-50, more around 21.
I buy my anime in box sets, so i have many hours of it but few in ways of selection. I tendo to go for Mecha and Samurai stuff and ones with the complex meanings like serial experiments lain.
Anime can be an expensive hobby ^^'

Put 20-50 as a rough guess for series, as l've seen a lot more movies than l'll ever remeber and seen good chunks of series that haven't seen all of. Complete series would be closer to 20, add incomplete but most of (ie more than a DVD's worth) double it, add movies and add movies, probably would be about 60 -75

Over the years Ive seen probably pushing 50 , but a lot of that time I was oblivious to the fact it was anime . Its only been a year or so ive liked anime and known it was actually anime :D

Back