How do you watch your anime?

Which of these is your main method of watching anime?

• Downloads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Imported DVD's

• UK DVD's

• Other

• Total voters
I'd say mine is 80% R2 DVD's, 2% R1 DVD's & 18% Downloaded.
However, soon as it gets a UK release I buy the DVD's. If only everything was released in the UK (quickly), I'd have no need to download anything.

Series with no hope (at the moment) of a UK release does my head in, then I force myself to download to see all the hype (FLCL for example).

Ongoing series like Bleach, Naruto & One Piece are the main focus on downloads since the UK is so far behind with them (Naruto is the only one getting somewhere). Being so far in a series as these are, you get used to the characters & so on, it's hard to stop.

As for imports I dislike them, just so tempted to get Full Metal Panic - TSR at this moment but I can resist. The only imports I've ever had was Pokemon R1 DVD's (again no joy of UK release).

I clicked UK DVD's since they are my main focus. This is my method of support & prefered viewed on my TV.

I buy a hell of a lot of my DVDs as I love having a nice collection and supporting the scene here.
Also watch on the net although I have to agree I always get distracted doing this.

I'm another one who mainly sticks to the UK DVDs.

I import sometimes but I mainly stick to box sets of shows which haven't come out over here.

Hmm I would say I tend to watch anime mainly by buying UK DVDs as more than half of my collection is R2. The rest is R1 but then about 2 fifths of them are from ebay so I like to think that the money I spend there goes to the sellers buying DVDs from the UK market. Plus i'm always after replacing the R1 with R2 whenever I can. So yeah i'm going to stick with UK DVDs.

I usually download a couple of episodes watch them and then if I check if it has a UK release and if so whats been released. If theres R2 boxset i'll buy that if there isn't then I will just buy individual DVDs. If the series hasn't been launched over here, if it has a rubbish release I.e. Inuyasha or is just stupidly expensive here I.e. Evangelion then I import the R1 DVDs. Its really that simple.

i am a mix between purchasing import DVD's / UK Region 2 DVD's and downloading on the net.

but the past few months (well probs since December/jan) my enthusiasm has gone downhill for downloading and purchasing, so i purchase at a slow rate now. i need to get my 'anime umph' back lol.

I went for downloading. Not that I don't buy DVDs - I've got stacks of them - just in the time it takes me to buy a series on DVD (in terms of getting spare cash more than release rate) I can download a lot more in terms of volume. When a series I previously downloaded is licensed I delete it, and if I liked it enough I buy the DVDs. Also, most of my DVDs are UK ones - I'll only consider importing if I can't see the series being released over here ever, e.g. NTHT.

My main focus is UK DVD releases. Although, about a third of my anime DVDs are imports, mainly of series unlikely to get a UK release. I always wait a year or two before buying R1s in case the series gets a UK release. I watch fansubs too, but generally only two or three series at any one time.

Initally thought then voted for Download, but after some thought realised most is actually either online videos (similar to youtube) or rental's from Amazon. Also about 1/3 of my DVD's are R4 (OZ/ NZ)

I do both R1 and R2. I only R1 series that look unlikely to be released. Air Gear and Haruhi right now. I want to support the UK industry as much a possible.

This Poll

I mainly buy mine in Darlington in the UK. I just can't pass a day wit5hout watching Anime i just love it to much. Any way can any of yous look at my topic its called 'Pictures, Videos etc downloads?'

Please just check this for me
Thankyou for your time.

I watch em from Youtube xDDD

If there's an incomplete series in youtube that i know is complete, i just surf thru various pages until i can direct download em.
A really cheap way to watch anime really . . . **ashamed**

99% UK DVDs - the other 1% being those dodgy box-sets of unknown origin from eBay (I honestly bought them thinking they were the real deal!)

Back