How do you deal with completing a good anime?

Just yesterday i got the "post anime depression" after watching Silent Voice. It had it's flaws and could have been so much better film but it was still one of those rare movies that don't come often so i kinda felt empty after watching (well partially because of the subject matter)

So how did i deal with those feelings of emptiness? Well i had a good night sleep and now i'm over it. It's that simple for me at least. I might or might not keep thinking about the show/film week or two but not in a sense that i keep mulling over how nothing this good is going to come along for long time.

Yeah, I just finished Gurren Lagann yesterday. I think I'm lucky in this case, because Anime Limited's CE has a whole potload of video extras, including both movies and Parallel Works.

Having already enjoyed the 40-page art booklet that comes with the set, I can now bust open my copy of Udon Entertainment's Gurren Lagann Art Works that's been sat on my shelf in its wrapper for the past two years! :)

There's still plenty of life left in the show yet. And...

I'm sooo glad I'm not alone in feeling like this! Phew. Just finished Toradora and it's kind of been on my mind all day as it has all week!

The best solution I find is to just jump into another series immediately and if you're lucky the same thing doesn't happen and it's an okay series and so the previous series is out your system, sometimes you get a chain of like 3 or 4 that leave an impression and youre like dammit something please be not so good.

6 or so months ago I had a chain, Your Lie in April, Steins Gate, ReLIFE and Erased. Licking Erased not so good ending brought me down up until that point it looked like another winner.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but every time I looked past my shelf and see a title of a great series I get a sort of weird nostalgic stomach feeling. Hella weird. I guess maybe you associate different times in your life to these shows, like when I first watched Clannad it was 6am I used to watch a couple of episodes before Uni, was my first year. Or how FMA reminds me of my final year in 6th form and how chill it was despite intense A-levels and how I yearn to go back to those times! At this point I'm just rambling, sorry!

I usually watch an episode a day so most animes I watch will last a long time as they are usually long. I often get distracted and start something else so it gets put on the backburner or something happens in it and I get pissed so I lose my enthusiasm for it. Deathnote took me a few years to finish as I stopped and only got back into it due to the Hollywood movie remake reminding me of it. But that is something I find quite common for shows I watch, by the time I finish something there is often a reboot or more material announced!

If i dislike an ending I just rewrite it in my head to my satisfaction.

I'll also go read the manga, perhaps rewatch it or look up the trivia to see things I missed. That is sufficient for me to get over it. :)

I used to feel like this quite a lot back in the day. Trigun was the biggest blow for me, I've still not quite got over it finishing. I moved on to the Manga after as that was longer running, but having went on too long it lost a lot of the simple magic the anime had (the ending of the Trigun anime is one of the all time best endings ever, so to be fair, it was hard to top), but I still cried at the end of that too. I had a Trigun 'wall scroll' (are they still a thing? Strange things really) back in the day too, so that I was never far from Vash and Milly and Meryl, I wonder where that I went, it was quite cool.

But these days I have enough trouble giving shows the time they deserve and finishing them.

I had a Trigun 'wall scroll' (are they still a thing? Strange things really) back in the day too, so that I was never far from Vash and Milly and Meryl, I wonder where that I went, it was quite cool.

But these days I have enough trouble giving shows the time they deserve and finishing them.

Yeah wall scrolls are still around as my friend stocks them in his shop still. I recently found a door length one of future Trunks from my childhood as I was clearing out my parents attic. I kind of wanted to display it again! I really loved that back in the day!

I also find it hard to finish stuff these days, even games. My attention span is non-existent!

Back