How Are Non-UK Kaze Releases

Invisible Crane

Great Teacher
We've all grown to expect nothing but faulty DVD/BD releases from Kaze and there is seemingly no sign of them ever fixing their problems. But one thing I'm curious about is their French output, I'm wondering how that is. Are their releases in their home country just as bad as their UK releases or is it the opposite?
 

Buzz201

Mad Scientist
black1blade said:
5 hours worth of kara no kyoukai on 1 disc says hi...
Again, I feel like I'm always saying this, but 5 hours of material on a disc won't necessarily look bad. Both Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox can pull off 5 hours on a disc and have it look good. If it looks bad, it's because Kaze have dropped the ball, not because there's 5 hours worth of it.
 

black1blade

Thousand Master
It's obvious that kaze have no idea what they are doing with video encoding and it seems like the Japanese don't really either and just throw bit rate at it XD. Also live action normally doesn't have flat areas with the same colour so banding wouldn't be as obvious.
 

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
black1blade said:
5 hours worth of kara no kyoukai on 1 disc says hi...
There's technically nothing wrong this this. You can fit 5 hours of content on a BD50 with a bitrate of 21.5Mbps (which is completly fine if done right). I've no idea how kaze handled this but you can't say it's bad so quickly.
 

Shiroi Hane

Dragon Knight
UKA compared the squished down Kaze discs of... was it K(?) to the US discs and they actually seemed to have done a decent job of using VBR to make the most out of the limited space.
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Shiroi Hane said:
UKA compared the squished down Kaze discs of... was it K(?) to the US discs and they actually seemed to have done a decent job of using VBR to make the most out of the limited space.
That's not really a valid comparison since it's comparing crap authored by the worst UK distributor to crap authored by Subatomic Digital...
Just look what they did to Gargantia, Moribito and Sailor Moon. I highly doubt K is much better.

On topic - I hear Kaze Germany releases are fine, but Kaze FR not so much. It probably helps that Kaze Germany are run separately.
 

Buzz201

Mad Scientist
Mangaranga said:
That's not really a valid comparison since it's comparing crap authored by the worst UK distributor to crap authored by Subatomic Digital...
Just look what they did to Gargantia, Moribito and Sailor Moon. I highly doubt K is much better.

On topic - I hear Kaze Germany releases are fine, but Kaze FR not so much. It probably helps that Kaze Germany are run separately.
I wonder if that's part of the problem, if Kaze don't have a UK base or any native English-speakers working for them, I could understand why their QC was non-existent (not that it would excuse it). Reports from MCM at the weekend suggest there were boos when it was announced Kaze had One-Punch Man and Manga's Jerome M seemed sympathetic, and when Nisekoi was delayed in the year, the reason given was that Manga UK hadn't received the discs from Kaze, so perhaps he can't do anything.
 
Top