How anime characters would react to 4Kids National Anthem

Lupus Inu said:
A little too heavy on the 4KIDS bashing, I think.

Nah. You can always bash 4Kids more and more, and you'll always feel like you're able to do a little more on top of that ; )

The only thing I think 4Kids deserve praise for is Pokemon. I couldn't care less if they just crashed and burned now; if their attitude was different, then maybe my opinion would be different as well.

It's a shame they're not in the situation Geneon are in now.

4Kids are supposed to make anime suitable for American children, that's what they do. Why complain when they don't cater to you? All the 4Kids hate is a little odd, to be honest.

CitizenGeek said:
4Kids are supposed to make anime suitable for American children, that's what they do. Why complain when they don't cater to you? All the 4Kids hate is a little odd, to be honest.
Yet find it a little odd, mainly cause they have done nothing i want to watch. Even before the censor it.

Lupus Inu said:
Because they're just trying to run a business/company aimed mainly at kids? Hence 4KIDS.

No, because as has already been mentioned, and as has been discussed and even stated by 4Kids employees - they couldn't give a **** about any of the titles they license/kill, and besides, as a fan of One Piece yourself - how can you be so happy with them since they destroyed that? :)

Warmaster said:
Put it this way. Do they have any respect for what programmes they use? Not really. So should anyone have any respect for them?

Just because they don't make their anime suited to your tastes, doesn't mean they have no respect for their series. They can't have swearing, Christian crosses, smoking and overt-violence in anime, because that stuff isn't okay for children, d'uh.

CitizenGeek said:
Just because they don't make their anime suited to your tastes, doesn't mean they have no respect for their series. They can't have swearing, Christian crosses, smoking and overt-violence in anime, because that stuff isn't okay for children, d'uh.

You're missing the point here. If you don't know the history of 4Kids, and have not read interviews/articles with/about them, then I really don't think you can comment on the matter.

Search this site for 4Kids and read some of the articles, then come back and tell us what you think of 4Kids then.

Heh, Funny video.

4Kids have seem to gotten the idea now (hopefully), They should dub KIDS anime, No others.

They try and do Shonen shows aimed at teenagers and horribly present them to four year olds, - Cough - Shaman King and One Piece. On top off that, They have the worse bunch of VA's evar, As shown in that video.

They don't care because THEY'RE DUBBING ANIMU FOR KIDS. Final time now geiz. Of course once I was all "Omg, they're ruining One Piece" But it was inevitable there would be a time when they would have to stop, or they would drop the license for someone else to pick, and it happened, soon the same will happen to Shaman King, etc.

It's not like I expect 4kids to leave all of the violence and swearing in anime, and then show it to kids. That would be idiotic.

However, I can't stand how they twist anime in order to suit an audience it was never intended for. This sort of thing will change peoples opinion of the shows, and they'll grow up with the wrong impression.

To make an analogy; what if someone adapted 'The Godfather' for a child audience. Sounds absurd right? It would be a completely different film and more than likely, crap. :( It's only my opinion, but the idea of classic material being ruined for sake of cashing on the childrens TV market seems very wrong.

Anyway, rant over. :(

EDIT: actually I have no reason to be furious, none of the shows I like were included in that anthem. So I've no idea what I'm getting fired up about :lol:

Wildcard said:
To make an analogy; what if someone adapted 'The Godfather' for a child audience. Sounds absurd right? It would be a completely different film and more than likely, crap.
i think that is a very good analogy because shows like one piece are just like the godfather trilogy and I think al pacino should do the voice for luffy because luffy is cool like al pacino

Ramadahl said:
Wildcard said:
To make an analogy; what if someone adapted 'The Godfather' for a child audience. Sounds absurd right? It would be a completely different film and more than likely, crap.
i think that is a very good analogy because shows like one piece are just like the godfather trilogy and I think al pacino should do the voice for luffy because luffy is cool like al pacino

If that's sarcasm then clearly you missed my point, its doesn't matter what film I used as an example (unless it sucks) my broader point is that good TV shows are being ruined.

Nevermind. :cry:

Wildcard said:
If that's sarcasm then clearly you missed my point.
Um, nah, I got your point. But the shows that 4Kids edited were hardly masterpieces on the level of the Godfather trilogy. Ultimately, they were just shows for Japanese kids edited so they could be shown to American kids.

Really, the problem with 4Kids was that they repeatedly showed, both in the effort they put into the shows and in numerous interviews (thinking of Al Khan here) that they don't have much interest in either the shows nor the people who watch them beyond getting money from them. Still, I figure that companies that behave like that'll eventually reap what they sow...

Back