Hot Fuzz

random_pie said:
I can't wait to see it. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Hopefully I will get to see it tomorrow.

Looks like we are both living in hope for seeing it tomorrow, good luck to you sir

Just came home from seeing it, I thought the first hour was complete toss. Only in the second half did things get funny.

Deffinatley no where near shaun of the dead.

Roadie said:
Its stupidly good, best film I've seen in a long time and its really quite funny, on the mature end mainly.

Totally agree - I was laughing and giggling all the way through! As stated elsewhere, Simn Pegg is a genius and I thought it WAS better than Shaun of the Dead.

Going to see it again on Sunday! :D

random_pie said:
It was a very good film. If you haven't already seen it I advise you to go out and watch it as soon as possible.

No such luck for me this weekend my gf is still ill so I won't be able to see it til next week now hopefully thursday

Finally got to see it Saturday.

Loved

- In jokes (want anything from the shop... I'll have a cornetto)
- Cast - so many british comedians.
- The end gun fight
- Bill bailey and his twin brother
- Timothy Daulton was superb in my opinion
- The Swan
- The bit where he sees his ex (cracked me up)
- How the reported dies -> also my gf's fave bit of the film (that she saw)

Disappointed

- Was hoping to see Jessica Stevenson (Daisy in Spaced)
- Too much hype ruined it for me..... I prefered Shaun of the Dead to be honest but I'm betting I'll love Hot Fuzz more when I see it again
- Gf fell asleep through part of it

Gotta see this again and I will definately be buying the DVD

As i've already said the first hour was something similar to midsomer murders with a smatter of comedy references. it's only when they bring out the shotguns does it start to get funny.

You can only compare the last hour of this film to shaun of the dead as that film was funny from the get go.

I finally watched it this evening and I have to admit my hopes were high since I'm such a fan of Spaced and Shaun of the Dead. I wasn't disappointed. :)

The dynamic between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is brilliant and it really captured the sinister 'Midsomer Murders' undertones. It went a bit over-the-top towards the end, but thankfully in a good way. Great fun.

Martin said:
I finally watched it this evening and I have to admit my hopes were high since I'm such a fan of Spaced and Shaun of the Dead. I wasn't disappointed. :)

The dynamic between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is brilliant and it really captured the sinister 'Midsomer Murders' undertones. It went a bit over-the-top towards the end, but thankfully in a good way. Great fun.

I totally agree Nick and Simon are best mates and you an feel that when you see them on screen together there chemestry is top class. I am really looking forward to the DVD release, especially as I get a lot of joy watching the behind the scenes and out takes as it always shows them both goofing around and having fun at work and that always shows through on any of there projects

I adored this film - did it remind anyone else of 'The League Of Gentlemen', what with the creepy town and all the weird villagers/conspiracies? I thought it was very similar.

I can't wait to get it on DVD!

Alice said:
I adored this film - did it remind anyone else of 'The League Of Gentlemen', what with the creepy town and all the weird villagers/conspiracies? I thought it was very similar.

I can't wait to get it on DVD!

Now that you mention it I can see it to. Its startin top creep me out now

Back