Higurashi: When They Cry (2020) Episode 3

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Another great episode, noticed some smaller differences so I'm excited to see how the rest of the arc plays out with them. This episode also has the USO DA scene with Rena which was good, but I think I prefer the original anime's one lol

Another great episode, noticed some smaller differences so I'm excited to see how the rest of the arc plays out with them. This episode also has the USO DA scene with Rena which was good, but I think I prefer the original anime's one lol

I'm very hyped to see where it goes. The fact that they didn't find Tomitake's body is huge as it is brought up in literally every chapter of the VN.

Hyped doesn’t even begin to describe the sheer and utter awesomeness of this fantastic series already, I’m gonna be so sad when it’s all eventually over, but luckily for us, that’s still quite a way off yet! ^^

Hyped doesn’t even begin to describe the sheer and utter awesomeness of this fantastic series already, I’m gonna be so sad when it’s all eventually over, but luckily for us, that’s still quite a way off yet! ^^

In case you don't know (just giving you a heads up) this is actually a stealth sequal to the visual novel. It's throwing a number of curveballs at us and is hinting strongly to an Umineko crossover as well.

Ryukishi (the guy who wrote the visual novel) basically trolled us all.

Last edited:
I had a gut feeling that it wasn’t quite an actual direct remake of the original Higurashi series, nor an actual direct reboot either, but regardless, it’s still pretty good and super gripping nonetheless ^^

Back