Hi there

Crispychris

Hikikomori
Hello! I am somewhat of a lapsed anime fan, loved it from the 90s right through to about 2005 then as I grew up and love got in the way i sort of fell out of love with it.

But yeah, my favourite films are Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Patlabor 1/2,
Big fan of some of the violent stuff that Manga Entertainment put out in the 90s as well, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Street Fighter 2 etc.

Series (or OAV) wise its Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, 3x3 Eyes, Fist of the North Star, Gunbuster, Ranma 1/2, probably more not so fresh on my mind.

So if anyone has any suggestions for more modern stuff I should check out I'd appreciate it. The only stuff I don't like is the cutesier stuff. I prefer a grittier, darker style.

Thanks and look forward to reading the boards :)

Hello! I am somewhat of a lapsed anime fan, loved it from the 90s right through to about 2005 then as I grew up and love got in the way i sort of fell out of love with it.

But yeah, my favourite films are Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Patlabor 1/2,
Big fan of some of the violent stuff that Manga Entertainment put out in the 90s as well, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Street Fighter 2 etc.

Series (or OAV) wise its Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, 3x3 Eyes, Fist of the North Star, Gunbuster, Ranma 1/2, probably more not so fresh on my mind.

So if anyone has any suggestions for more modern stuff I should check out I'd appreciate it. The only stuff I don't like is the cutesier stuff. I prefer a grittier, darker style.

Thanks and look forward to reading the boards :)
Hello and welcome
If you like voilent ones ive just finished watching blood c... Thats good
Another i would recommend is elfen lied

Welcome to the forum 🍻

You'd likely enjoy Psycho Pass and Black Lagoon.

Also if you want to try something a bit different Madoka Magica and Made in Abyss both have a cutesy aesthetic and begining but delve into a darker storyline.

Back