Hey Hey

cyborg 002

School Idol
It all started with me as a kid glued to the screen when Golion, Saber Rider and Macron1 was on TV.

I was and still am very much into US 80's cartoon aswell like He-Man, Bravestar M.A.S.K. and so on.

A series I from a a kid I played with as a child he had several Cyborg 009 (the 1979 series) VHS tapes all dubbed to Danish. I'm from Denmark btw. It was an offical release. It made a Deep impact on me and to this day one of those obscure shows I hope to get a reg 1 or a reg 2 release with Japanese audio and English subtitles, as I don't understand Japanese, other than a Word here and there I still rely on subtitles.

Silverfang was released in Denmark on VHS edited and it got an uncut DVD release here in Denmark, Sadly Cyborg 009 did not.

I like everything anime I give anything a shot.

Considering I have liked anime since I was a kid I only have about 400-500 titles on DVD. I still don't have all the anime I want.

ilmaestro said:
MA-MAMAMA-MAMA-MACRON ONE MAMAMAMAMAMA-MACRON ONE

Bravestar was also sick, I like you already.

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you so much. I already like you too.

Some of those dubbed theme songs were quite catchy. Macron 1 and Saber Rider are my favorites of the dubbed ones.

cyborg 002 said:
Considering I have liked anime since I was a kid I only have about 400-500 titles on DVD. I still don't have all the anime I want.

That's quite a big collection you got there for sure. If you mean title by on serie, then you have at least 1000 dvds? Should be way more than that...

Welcome to AUN! Have fun.

bakum4tsu said:
You keep forgetting the "K" in "AUKN" bakum4tsu... Being from the Portuguese Republic, perhaps you're not keen on the idea of a monarchy but the United Kingdom is still a Kingdom until we decide otherwise. :p

And welcome to you cyborg. We certainly have a few immigrants now, it's just as well we're not AUKIPN.

ayase said:
bakum4tsu said:
You keep forgetting the "K" in "AUKN" bakum4tsu... Being from the Portuguese Republic, perhaps you're not keen on the idea of a monarchy but the United Kingdom is still a Kingdom until we decide otherwise. :p

And welcome to you cyborg. We certainly have a few immigrants now, it's just as well we're not AUKIPN.

lolol sorry you're right. :mrgreen:

And I always look at it before write but for some reason never really noticed that... :mrgreen:

cudwieser said:
Welcome Cyborg 002. Ignore those two. We ain't in Kansas anymore :p :D.

Konichiwa. The News e Yookoso :D

Thanks every one.

Cool avatar. Please tell what anime it's from?
It appears to be an 80's anime?

Edit.

Doh! your avi is from Riding Bean. It's been so long since last time I checked it out.

One of the rare fruits thatb many forget yet would always enjoy when it's put in front of them. The GSC manga has to rate as one of the best.

Cyborg 009 is another great anime. Are you looking forward to the remake?

I am indeed.

I'm not to keen on the computer animation, I'm oldshcool so I prefer the 2D anime.

But I'm sure I will like it.

I'm hopin this new movie will gather interest in the old animes shows and perhaps get a release in the US and UK.

Got to admire an optimist. I hope you're right and some older anime is seen here, but there is a long, long, long way to go. In any case there are great ones still there and a trickle coming out. Vampire princess Miyu is the latest with other classics like Bubblebum Crisis seeing new light on rightstuf. What would be your era or epoch in anime be? I prefer millenium era (2000 +or- 5 years) tending towards earlier anime. There are a few exceptions like Redline though.

cudwieser said:
What would be your era or epoch in anime be? I prefer millenium era (2000 +or- 5 years) tending towards earlier anime. There are a few exceptions like Redline though.

I'm into those years too. :D

thanks Cudwiser. not everyone appreciates an optimist. on other forums I am considered a fool. LOL.

Anime eras? I pretty much like everything anime but 70's and up to including the 90's are my years.

I have not tapped into much after year 2000 though I will get there eventualy. I'm buying Code Geass Blu in April and have Death Note DVD box on the shelf so it's a start. I have not checked it out yet though. I have to finish a couple of shows first before I start on a new one.

Redline is on my want list.

At the moment it's Gundam 0079 and Heat Guy J.

I just fisnished Crest Of Stars and Banner Of The Stars I and II.

The Next show I will begin on is Transformers Victory.

Heat guy is a beaut. I watched it a while back and really should look into it again. Please drop a post with your views of Transformers Victory when you've finished. :)

Back