Hey all, looking for advice on what to watch.

MissKatie

Hikikomori
So I recently subscribed to crunchyroll mainly because I want to watch the Persona Anime's.
But I'm also interested in some animes geared more towards adults and looking for suggestions.
I've been suggested Attack on Titan which looks interesting but what else would you recommend? :)

As I don't know what you may or may not already be aware of heres a bunch of series (apologies if some seem obvious):

Ergo Proxy, Claymore, Code Geass, Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell, Eden of the East, The Promised Neverland, Made in Abyss, School-Live!, Samurai Champloo, Durarara, Hellsing Ultimate, Scums Wish.

And a bunch of films:
Promare, A Silent Voice, Night is Short Walk on Girl, Empire of Corpses, Perfect Blue, Paprika, Akira, Your Name

And heres a bunch of comedies. I realise comedy is very subjective but heres a varied bunch of what I like:

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Zombie Land Saga, K-on, Silver Spoon, Konosuba, The World God Only Knows, Watamote, Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh, Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto, Pani Poni Dash, Lucky Star

What sort of genres do you enjoy? Such as what movies or regular TV series do you watch? That will help to make suggestions.

I find that as people get older they veer away from the gritty action genre and more towards the slice of life, as escapism from the daily work grind.

For shows on Crunchyroll aimed at adults, try Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, From the New World, and Fate/Zero for starters. Then after all that drama, you'll probably need to watch Laid-Back Camp.

You've got some great suggestions there. If you manage to get through those and have time, I would suggest the following as good for adults, from my experience, that are streaming in UK:

Crunchyroll: your lie in April, tatami galaxy, my teen romantic comedy snafu (more a grown up drama for me and I think first two seasons are on funimation), sing yesterday for me, march comes in like a lion, monogatari series (first season again on funimation and will need to check what order to watch in!), Golden time, a place further than the universe, Tokyo ghoul

Amazon prime: after the rain, Vinland Saga, dororo

Netflix: devilman crybaby, full metal alchemist brotherhood, in this corner of the world, only yesterday, and this one goes without saying but I'll say it anyway: Evangelion.

Happy watching!

Back