Hetila and slayers opinion!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Ok so I need to hear you guys's opinion on 2 shows. Slayers and Hetila. Since I don't the internet at home at the moment, and my phone is **** for video playback, I can't check them out. So I was wondering what your guys opinion on these shows were!

Haven't seen Hetalia but I can highly recommend Slayers. It's a pretty awesome series filled with lots of comedy and action. And lots of awesome characters.

They're both fun. Hetalia is best in small doses as it's a sketch show with a lot of repetition (for comedic effect). It doesn't look that dazzling visually and has very simple animation, but if you have even the slightest interest in history and/or cross-cultural jokes it has moments of greatness.

Slayers is a ridiculous fantasy spoof, and a lot of shows since have done the same kind of thing so it might feel a little dated if you've seen a lot of parodies (unfairly). The animation ranges from decent to terrible as it didn't have the highest budget at times, but the voice acting and music is first class. The high point for me was the second series (Slayers Next), though some of the movies are quite good too. The first few movies are standalone prequels without most of the TV series characters showing up, so you can watch one on its own if you want to try the series out. If you do that, I recommend looking at Slayers Great for pure comedy value.

R

honestly iv seen hetalia and its like the south park of anime its funny but the first time you watch it it drives you insane and you dont know whats going on,

its like a history lesson mixed with stereotypes.

you have to really get in to it before you understand whats going on.

iv got the slayers boxsets but iv only seen the movies and to be honest the movies was loads of fun to watch so my guess the series is going to be good

Now's the perfect time to get into the Slayers as the first season is our deal of the week!

Hate to come off as a little elitist but I think these shows both suck (I'm normally a happy, smiley person, honest).

I've only seen series 1 of both but I just don't connect with the humour and there isn't a whole lot else going on (not in Hetalia anyway).

Nice to see MVM posting though, I like many of your other shows :p

Hetalia is a bit meh. I appreciated whatever I saw of it because I learnt a lot about the political side of that in History, like others said, best in small doses.

Slayers is an excellent show though, it's a marvelous parody of the Medieval Fantasy genre, both the original Japanese track and the English dub is well done even if there's some inconsistencies with the dub in the first season (they changed at least Zelgadis and some other guy's VA around when those characters come back).

Have no idea about Slayers but I've seen positive reviews all over the web.

Hetalia ..like others said, is best in small doses as its freaking insane sometimes (I remember watching the first episode and being all .. 0_o) ..I enjoy it but I have a BIG passion for History so its obvious i would. It's a funny show, just a bit mad.

I would recommend watching Hetalia in English too.

Back