help with garden of sinners

Animefreak17

Godhand
I just got garden of sinners today and id like someone to help me which order I should watch them

From the movies, OVAs, specials, ect and which order they all go in.

I heard there was a epilogue with this series ...should I watch this first or what.....

I'm not planning to watch this yet til I finish 4 or 5 other series before this.

So should I watch it?

I've read that the correct chronological order is:

Movie 2
Movie 4
Movie 3
Movie 1
Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7
Epilogue OVA

I'll probably watch it in the original order, though.

Jatz said:

Movie 2
Movie 4
Movie 3
Movie 1
Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7
Epilogue OVA

Oh god not another meloncly again.

Why in that order tho?

Why not in the original order I dont get it

animefreak17 said:
Jatz said:

Movie 2
Movie 4
Movie 3
Movie 1
Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7
Epilogue OVA

Why in that order tho?

Apparently some of the episodes are set at different points. I'm not sure if it's completely necessary to watch it in that order, but there are people who prefer it.

animefreak17 said:
Jatz said:

Movie 2
Movie 4
Movie 3
Movie 1
Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7
Epilogue OVA

Why in that order tho?

People watch it in that order because it's the order they play out in so it's a bit easier to follow. Personally I would recommend watching in the order they were released, it may be a bit harder to follow with it jumping around the timeline, and you may be confused at times, but piecing the story together is rather enjoyable imo.

Just a quick edit as I feel I should mention that I don't think it's the same deal as how Haruhi wasn't in order, I think Garden of Sinners was written this way intentionality so that you piece the story together yourself.

That's the way it was meant to be watched. It's not like haruhi randomness, it's to add to the mystery setting. Only the first 4 are out of order anyways. The first few movies are rather standalone with story lines that mostly conclude within that movie.

black1blade said:
How are all the first time watchers enjoying it? I'm going to get my second watch on when I return from my grandparents.

1st part was a bit so so but 2-4 were better and I can see how part 1 fits in now.

Part 5 was somewhat confusing and part 6 seemed somewhat of a side story. Looking forward to part 7 tomorrow as that looks to be an important part of the series.

Follow up question.

How long are each of the films/episodes? The total runtime works out as approx. 65-70 minutes each so are they all the same or do they vary?

1 and 4 are 45 mins long. 2,3 and 6 are 1 hour. 5,7 are 2 hours. the epilogue is 30mins. 1-4 are part 1 of the story and 5 and 7 are part 2 (6 is just filler really)

Yeah, they really need to be watched consistently. I would definitely watch the first 4 in quick succession as they are the ones in un-chronological order.

Movie 1 - 48:03
Movie 2 - 57:52
Movie 3 - 55:01
Movie 4 - 43:28
Movie 5 - 109:12
Movie 6 - 56:37
Movie 7 - 115:03

haven't seen disc 8 yet but I think it's only half an hour.

EDIT: That'll learn me to click on the next page button

Back