Help - New gaming headset

Taylor

Vampire Ninja
So, my 20 pound headset is finally coming to its end days (after having it for over 2 years I think its done a lot more than I expected). It isn't actually a gaming headset, just a cheap one I bought in order to tide me over. So, back onto the topic at hand!...

Can anyone give any recommendations on a good gaming headset? Im looking for comfort as well as sound quality, though comfort may take precedence as I wear it for a long period of time. For information I am running Windows 7 64, in case there is any issues with software and such, and my price limit is around £100.

Cheers in advance!

Ive tried my friends Turtle Beach and I found that they weren't really worth the amount that your paying, just didn't seem special. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Getting a headset that suits you is a bit of a tricky process. A lot depends on the size of your head and the size of your ears. If you wear glasses that can limit your range of options as well.

As a starting point, the Creative Fatal1ty headset is worth a try.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P5VR16

Cheap and disposable and has pretty large ear cups. Unless you have a very large head it should be comfortable for long sessions. Remember, if you want something for gaming it doesn't have to have 'perfect' audio reproduction like you would get from a high end set of audiophile or music production headphones. It just has to be good enough. So even those cheap and cheerful ten quid or less headsets can do the job if they are comfortable for you.

Back