• The Garden Of Sinners

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Anohana

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some good options, it's hard to pick just three!

I didn't vote for it - but I'd like to give an honourable mention to Eureka Seven AO. It's got an ace soundtrack and after a fairly slow start builds to something really quite brilliant. It also has one of my favourite blatant fan-service characters ever in it.

If I had to pick just one though, I'd go with Guilty Crown as a personal fave - Psycho Pass and FMA:B are both 'better' shows, but Guilty Crown really has to be seen to be believed - it's an 'experience', to say the least.

A recommendations poll with FMA on it? You know what I'm going to suggest! :D

Apart from that, Jormungand was my favourite anime of 2012 so I'd highly recommend that. Anohana is also an excellent series that feels sincere and has a real emotional core.

Of the other picks I've only seen two others. I wrote up a mini rant for you on Guilty Crown a while back so I don't need to say any more on it. :p

As for Eureka Seven AO, its an incredibly divisive series. I really liked it and thought it was mostly a very worthy follow-up to the original, but I can understand why it didn't work for everyone. It's got some great action and visuals too. I'd say it's worth a watch, especially if you've seen the original.

I voted for the following,

1) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2) Anohana
3) Guilty Crown

The only others on the list that I have watched are Eureka Seven AO and Trigun which are good shows but only just missed out. I recently received Psycho Pass but I have not yet had time to watch it.

I picked FMA, Psycho-Pass and Anohana. Guilty Crown is an utter trainwreck, but I still enjoyed it. I've not seen Monster but I've heard nothing but praise for it.

Lutga said:

I didn't vote for it - but I'd like to give an honourable mention to Eureka Seven AO. It's got an ace soundtrack and after a fairly slow start builds to something really quite brilliant. It also has one of my favourite blatant fan-service characters ever in it.

If I had to pick just one though, I'd go with Guilty Crown as a personal fave - Psycho Pass and FMA:B are both 'better' shows, but Guilty Crown really has to be seen to be believed - it's an 'experience', to say the least.

always wanted to watch eureka seven ao but never seen the first series, do I have to watch the first season to get AO

windcott said:
Lutga said:

always wanted to watch eureka seven ao but never seen the first series, do I have to watch the first season to get AO

I didn't, and I felt I could 'get' it easily enough - but I imagine watching the first series before would certainly add to the experience in terms of references.

In my eyes, AO is more of a spin-off than a direct 'sequel' - there's enough new stuff in there for it to stand on its own.

Back