Help me choose next DVD (forgive me for stealing the idea!)

What DVD should kupo buy next?

• Serial Experiments Lain Volume 01

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruits Basket Volume 02

• Azumanga Daioh Volume 02

• Kino's Journey Volume 01

• Total voters

kupocake

Stand User
Hey all ^^. I'm currently torn over which Anime Series DVD to order off the Internets. I've checked out every single one (either by owning the first volume or downloading the first episode), and i'd really be happy buying any one of these but, well, I can only really afford one at a time. So which should I get?

Kino's Journey 01 ( http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=53 )
Serial Experiments Lain 01 (Not reviewed here, but you know its reputation)
Fruits Basket 02 ( http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=25 )
Azumanga Daioh 02 ( http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=57 )

PS. I appreciate that it could be problematic if we all jump onto the "help me choose my next anime" bandwaggon, so I apologise for doing this :)

Fruits Basket all the way , for me the anime is one of the best about.

I did kinda like Lain , but it left me with such a "What the hell was going on?" feeling by the end it lost a lot of the appeal I found in its first volume.

Azumanga would be my second choice , I just love the silly happy nature of the show in general , always puts a smile on my face.

Never seen Kinos Journey so cant comment on that.

OK Personally would go with FB as you are alreday getting into it and it represents great value for money.

Not seen Azumanga so cannot comment, but either of the other two shows are fantastic if you want to get involved in the serious philosophical sid of anime...

This is a really tough one; you've chosen 4 great shows, so I guess more than anything, it depends on your mood and personal tastes.

Having seen them all; I'd probably have to side with the other two comments and say you go for Fruits Basket #2. It's the full package; funny, dramatic and heart wrenching.

SE Lain and Kino's Journey are great, though they obviously require a lot more thought when watching- if you are looking for something different, I'd recommend you check out Kino. Azumanga is a fun, endearing comedy but I'd say Fruits Basket edges it out due to offering more than just pure laughs.

I liked all the series except Lain. I found it dull. Of course FB would be the best choice but the manga goes on longer than the anime so if you want to finish the series you'll have to read the rest of the manga.

Fruits Basket, Fruits Basket....really a very predictable choice by me, i can't stop raving about how much i love that series. I havn't seen either Azumanga Daioh or Kino's Journey although they are both series i am considering getting. And despite most other people loving Lain i really thought it was just adverage, i cirtainly wouldn't have given it the ten out of ten i've seen it give, maybe ten out of ten for disturbing....actually not even that. I believe it was only praised so much because it was different

i second SHAZ, Azumanga Daioh is just hilarious i got the whole dvd sereis, and i find my self watching it again and again, now and then (R1 VERSION) its funy, especially volume1

i havent seen FB but i would like to... i may order the box set(R1) to see whats all the fuss about...

Back