Help for a new reader

dean1610

Hikikomori
Hi all,

I am looking to get into reading some manga, and am looking for some recommendations for where to start. I'll give anything a try, I borrowed some Zelda and Ace Attorney books from the library just because I enjoyed the games and liked them, but I really am open to anything.

Hope you can help!

I know you say you're open to anything, but what kinds of other media do you enjoy? Action, romance, comedy, mystery etc etc. There's endless genres out there. What films and anime and TV series do you like, for instance?

I'd go for Attack on Titan or A Certain Scientific Railgun if you fancy what everyone's going crazy over at the moment.

I've got a soft spot for the big 3-in-1 Evangelion volumes too, if you want something to really get stuck into.

As for another personal favourite, I'd recommend Rozen Maiden too, but sadly that's out of print now (RIP Tokyopop)

I think I'm with St_owly on this one, we need to narrow it down a little as there's so many options.

Death Note's good, though your mileage may vary after vol 7. I'm enjoying Fairy Tail, but at 38 volumes and counting that might not be the best starter.

Lutga - you just reminded me that I need to dig the last few volumes of my Rozen Maiden out and read them, I know I have em stashed away somewhere.

Rosencrantz said:
Lutga - you just reminded me that I need to dig the last few volumes of my Rozen Maiden out and read them, I know I have em stashed away somewhere.

It's a brilliant series - the anime animation is great too. I'm surprised Viz or someone haven't picked up the rights to re-print it after Tokypop went under. Seems really under-rated these days. Still, we'll always have it to thank for the 'desu' meme.

Back