Help #BringBackToonamiUK

Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
they should have anime central back instead

although the day anime from U to 12 should be shown during the day and 15 and 18 at midnight and not just anime id like to have bad ass cartoons too like

the swat cats
thunder cats both versions
a few old classics from back in the day
Yeah, but.. it's still a very niche thing. It needs a big channel to back it up.

well disneys off that list Definitely
.......................................syfys off ummmmm i got it

NHK channel * not the anime * but the news channel that shows everything from japan well to be honest it not much of a news channel but more of a culture channel about japan its perfect i used to watch it all the time it learns you japanese, documentaries, ect
they could do it

animefreak17 said:
NHK channel
I would say no to this suggestion as well. It'll be better on a channel that is known and not so hidden.

While I would like to see a return of Toonami, I don't think the chances of it appearing will be anything soon.

Paradox295 said:
Where did you hear this?

The week before Toonami was rather bad.

First week was average for the anime block.

Second week was very good. Not spectacular, but both Bleach and Deadman Wonderland, which were dub premieres, got higher ratings than Sundays new episode of Metalocalypse.

They also started running Toonami promos during weeknight shows like family guy. They used to just have the occasional bump saying "Yo, we have animes on Saturdays. Watch it, ya nerds"
I can't remember. I think it was ANN or somewhere similar. Fair enough if it's improving, but until they've proven the execs that it's popular enough to be given more money, I doubt anyone will even think about bringing it here - apparently their budget isn't very high atm.

Back