Help #BringBackToonamiUK

ToonamiFanatic

Hikikomori
Hello everyone, i run a twitter page https://twitter.com/#!/Toonami2 i basically want to try bring back toonami to the uk but i cannot do it alone of course so first of all i need the support to do so...

So here i'm writting on this forum as i thought it would be a good way of getting anime/toonami fans to help support this cause, of course its all up to you to help out.

If you would like to follow me then please go to the link above and follow, you're help would be appreciated immensely.

What do you think? Have you got any suggestions or ways i could raise the issue? You're opinions & ideas would be helpful!

Dude.

What did I say?

Screw Toonami. It isn't coming back.

Get it on Syfy.

EDIT: Ok, that's what they said about Toonami in the US. But it has no chance of returning when we have no anime on TV.

Toonami is simply a rebranded Adult Swim Action. We can't do that, unless we have an existing Anime Block.

EDIT2:
animefreak17 said:
Mutsumi said:
Personally, I'd prefer CNX over Toonami. Toonami was good, but CNX was better in my opinion.

why?
This is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WcFCcriyLw

Paradox295 said:
Dude.

What did I say?

Screw Toonami. It isn't coming back.

Get it on Syfy.

EDIT: Ok, that's what they said about Toonami in the US. But it has no chance of returning when we have no anime on TV.

Toonami is simply a rebranded Adult Swim Action. We can't do that, unless we have an existing Anime Block.

Yeah, you're probably right..

But regardless if its Toonami or just bring anime back on Syfy/AdultSwim we still need support, one way or another.

You see what happens ToonamiFanatic? You see what happens when you mention well received nostalgic things to people? Especially when they're not North American?!

Anyway; I'm not holding my breath for Toonami to come here to the UK, especially when there's a scarce amount of Anime* shown here in the UK.

*Yes, I know they're all kid oriented!

The ratings for Toonami haven't been that amazing in America from what I hear. Week 1 was bad, Week 2 was an improvement but still not amazing.

So I doubt it will come over here.

Where did you hear this?

The week before Toonami was rather bad.

First week was average for the anime block.

Second week was very good. Not spectacular, but both Bleach and Deadman Wonderland, which were dub premieres, got higher ratings than Sundays new episode of Metalocalypse.

They also started running Toonami promos during weeknight shows like family guy. They used to just have the occasional bump saying "Yo, we have animes on Saturdays. Watch it, ya nerds"

Joshawott said:
The ratings for Toonami haven't been that amazing in America from what I hear. Week 1 was bad, Week 2 was an improvement but still not amazing.

So I doubt it will come over here.

It's a Midnight block*, what constitutes as bad ratings there?

*And by midnight, we mean 5AM here in the UK. Man I gotta stop doing this.

they should have anime central back instead

although the day anime from U to 12 should be shown during the day and 15 and 18 at midnight and not just anime id like to have bad ass cartoons too like

the swat cats
thunder cats both versions
a few old classics from back in the day

animefreak17 said:
they should have anime central back instead

although the day anime from U to 12 should be shown during the day and 15 and 18 at midnight and not just anime id like to have bad ass cartoons too like

the swat cats
thunder cats both versions
a few old classics from back in the day
Yeah, but.. it's still a very niche thing. It needs a big channel to back it up.

Back