Hellsing

Roadie

School Idol
Fell in love with hellsing all over again, it really is awsome, unless you don't like the gore that fills its pages. Alucard is too cool and has awsome powers under his command. Seras has big breasts and big guns. Walter is just classy and in general hellsing rocks. I was up all night last night reading up to chapter 87 or something. The only thing I didn't like about it was the wolfman kicked ass, and yet he was killed by a tooth filling, kinda lame if you ask me.
I want them to hurry up with the Ultimate series because the manga just gets better and better in every book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete agreement, Hellsing is one of my all time faves in manga and anime form. It does suck how ultimate takes so long though, I really hope we see a UK release of it in the near future. :)

Wildcard said:
It does suck how ultimate takes so long though, I really hope we see a UK release of it in the near future. :)

Its really true. And there won't even be anymore Region 1 releases in the foreseeable future due to Geneon's problems at the moment.
Ah well at least we still have the manga :( But I'm forced to agree Hellsing rocks in most ways. :p

I really loved the Hellsing anime and Ultimate so far. So i'm going to buy the manga soon. I'm looking forward to reading it very much.

The manga started to suck when the Nazi story kicked in, by volume 5 I'd given up. If the original anime had one thing over both the manga and ultimate is that it didn't have that crappy nazi storyline even if the replacement was decidedly average. Oh yeah, the music in the original anime series was great as well, I actually still listen to it. Shoobie doobie doo.

Sy said:
The manga started to suck when the Nazi story kicked in, by volume 5 I'd given up. If the original anime had one thing over both the manga and ultimate is that it didn't have that crappy nazi storyline even if the replacement was decidedly average. Oh yeah, the music in the original anime series was great as well, I actually still listen to it. Shoobie doobie doo.

Each to their own. I thought the Hellsing manga started to get really good just as that storyline kicked in. Volume 5 is a bit of a lull in the story, but its worth reading further IMO.

And yes, the Hellsing soundtrack is spot on.
8)

If You look at The Manga & Then look at The Anime, The story Has no solid connection to each other, The Manga Has a Fantastic Story with lots of twists like Walter Being an Agent for Millenium group were as the as the Anime is fairly linear with only 2 or 3 episodes that really tie back to the manga.

Key Characters have been completely left out, and key concepts to the story have been kicked to the side & the anime ends with no real ending.

Soundtrack is fantastic though especially with Shine By Mr Big

Manga Excellent though

Last edited by a moderator:
You should watch the OVAs then, they are true to the Manga, currently they are up to volume 3, with volume 4 being released sometime around spring next year I think.

Don't care for the manga not that I think it's terrible I was just bored by the Nazi plotline it was going in a direction I didn't like. I prefer the TV anime anyway, the OVAs animation is too abstract for my liking, and as mentioned the OST on the Gonzo series is AMAZING.

Haha yeah...the Nazis killed it for me too. I mean...I love random crap, but WTF? By that point, I didn't have a clue what was going on, and I just gave up on trying.

Kinda randomly just considering having another readthrough a bit later...

I hope that Seras' voice in the new OVA will be the same as in the English Dub of the series, because she just had the best English accent ever XD

ridley said:
I hope that Seras' voice in the new OVA will be the same as in the English Dub of the series, because she just had the best English accent ever XD

Apparently it is (in the US anyway), they kept the japanese and English cast pretty much the same, only minor side roles got changed I think. 8)

Aside from that, I'm noticing a trend in this forum of bashing the Nazi storyline in Hellsing. Okay, yeah it is random, and yeah it is initially dull, the volume with them ranting drags on for ages. But its worth reading on, volumes 6 onwards are absolutely intense and a return to form!

Maybe Hellsings a sort of Marmite manga? You either love it or hate it.

Zen 2nd said:
Volume 9 is going to be released in October.

You just made my day. :D

I don't understand all the hate over the Nazi story, ok fair enough it's a bit odd, but to be honest it's when he set's his control art restriction system to level 0 that things start to go insane. I actually love the manga so far and can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh and best line.. "You have a moustache, master."

I've been holding off on buying vol.8 because i didn't want to be waiting for the next volume...kinda crap idea actually. But fantastic news! I can't wait to read on!!

Back