Hellsing Vs Trinity Blood

Foxstripe

Pokémon Master
Hi all, good weekend?

I picked up a copy of Trinity Blood Vol.1 over the weekend. Was really excited but I was really let down by it, cant quite put my finger on why. Does ayone else has a view on this series.

Also I have never seen Hellsing but im really excited about buying it, will I be let down by this series also?
:eek: :?

Yeah I was let down by Trinity Blood too, just seemed extremely generic to me.

I think Hellsing is a lot better, - but then I am a fan - has a more distinctive style and story.

Get Hellsing Ultimate when its released over here. The original Hellsing TV series was alright if you haven't read the manga but you'll find the Ultimate OAV will stick more closely to the manga and a lot more action and violence.

Foxstripe said:
Also I have never seen Hellsing but im really excited about buying it, will I be let down by this series also?
In the case of Hellsing Ultimate. If you still like it when the Nazi storyline kicks in then you're in for a winner. If you find the Nazi story a bore then you might as well just drop the series because it'll be with the series for a looong time.

The original anime series has it's faults but personally I think it has more rewatch value and a MUCH better soundtrack.

Sy said:
Foxstripe said:
In the case of Hellsing Ultimate. If you still like it when the Nazi storyline kicks in then you're in for a winner. If you find the Nazi story a bore then you might as well just drop the series because it'll be with the series for a looong time.

The original anime series has it's faults but personally I think it has more rewatch value and a MUCH better soundtrack.
::palmFace::

::FaceWall::

Not more bloody Nazis. I've just written a rant about the Nazis in Black Lagoon.

haha everyone loves the Nazi's. :lol:

Well i'll buy the Classic Collection for £18, it seems well worth it. Im not sure what the Ultimate one is. Is this a 2nd series? A re-hash?

Foxstripe said:
haha everyone loves the Nazi's. :lol:

Well i'll buy the Classic Collection for £18, it seems well worth it. Im not sure what the Ultimate one is. Is this a 2nd series? A re-hash?

I'm guessing what you're looking at is the 13 episode TV series done by Gonzo. It's pretty good, but it does deviate from the manga a lot and never gets much in the way of an ending. It's not '****', though compared to the original manga it suffers.

Hellsing Ultimate is an ongoing set of OVA's that follow the original manga storyline more faithfully, running from the start again. In my opinion it's far better than the TV series in most regards (apart from the soundtrack), though some people seem to get annoyed by the Nazi bad guys. They're both worth a look in my opinion if you're in the mood for stylish vampire action.

Wildcard said:
Yup, that's it. Ultimate hasn't been released on R2 yet anyhow.

haha :lol: well i'll buy that one then and then, im sure it will be good, the majority do say so. I assume each disc has 3 episodes apart from 1 which has 4?

So is Hellsing Ultimate just another version?

Foxstripe out of interest what makes you buy the DVDs instead of just downloading them? Not saying your doing anything bad you are doing good!!!! by acctually buying them. Is it because you prefer to have a collection on your shelf like me?

Foxstripe said:
Wildcard said:

haha :lol: well i'll buy that one then and then, im sure it will be good, the majority do say so. I assume each disc has 3 episodes apart from 1 which has 4?

Basically a remake with a higher animation budget and a story that goes in a different direction after the first few episodes. Hope you enjoy them :)

Wildcard said:
Foxstripe said:
Wildcard said:

Basically a remake with higher a animation budget and a story that goes in a different direction after the first few episodes. Hope you enjoy them :)

sweet, thanks for ya help man

Maltos said:
ayase said:
Not more bloody Nazis. I've just written a rant about the Nazis in Black Lagoon.
Hellsing wasnt really a realistic story to start with though :lol:

True enough, but I still say they're overused. Can't anyone think of any original villains?

ayase said:
Maltos said:
ayase said:

True enough, but I still say they're overused. Can't anyone think of any original villains?

What about a good Zombie anime. Like an anime version of Dawn of the Dead in a shopping Mall! I like it!!

ayase said:
Maltos said:
ayase said:
The nazis are the traditional villian of the english though! I think they work well for the Hellsing series.
They're actually one of my favourite parts of the story.

But villains are reused all the time though. Like aliens. Though theres more scope for them to change because of the nature of them.
And actually, apart from Black Lagoon that you mentioned [havnt seen it, so i wouldnt know], i cant think of anything where nazis are the villain except war films and the like.

Back