Hello (waves)

Yeah the cost of some of em can be painful. I really like Chogokin robot figures as well which are loaded with diecast metal which makes their price so much higher than plastic figures and kits, they range anywhere from £140 to £200+ depending on the size and number of accessories, I only own a few and got them second hand for bargain prices.

Yeah Dragon Ball and One Piece aren't for everyone however I much prefer the manga versions to the anime. Much more to the point without any TV exclusive storylines created just to pad out the running time and make up the gaps in TV schedules or allow the author to get more of the manga done to adapt. I also prefer the original Dragon Ball series to Z. The original DB is just a lot more fun and full of playful and subversive humour and adventure when compared to Z's endless fights. Not to say I don't enjoy Z, it's just not as good pacing and story wise. I also don't think Z is half as enjoyable without having watched/read the original Dragon Ball. You don't have the context of the characters and how things have changed since the original series.

With Gundam building I say start with very cheap kits just in case you make mistakes. The smallest scale can be a little "fiddly" though if you get my use of that word. Some of the parts are so tiny you need hawk-like eyes to find them if you drop them (particularly with clear white plastic). I built a RX-782 kit last year and it came with two tiny, tiny pieces of reflective plastic for the eyes, installing them was so difficult. I had to use tweezers to put some of the stickers on they were so small!

Back