Hello there!

Ath

Pokémon Master
Figured it was about time I stopped lurking and started posting! Here goes...

I'm Adib, a student from London. I followed the well beaten path to my love for anime, starting with Pokemon on Sky One, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo (although I have memories of watching Superbook in RE classes at primary school :p).

Later I discovered the likes of Evangelion and Nadesico through Saiko-Exciting on Sci-Fi and then had my mind blown when I stayed up once to watch their midnight block as a 12 year old to watch Roujin Z! I then devoured whatever I could watch on UK TV until the death of CNX meant I slowly lost interest in anime and switched to videogames instead!

This was until 2005 when I hit sixth form and suddenly got curious again, I then decided to check out the one-two punch of Elfen Lied and Now and Then, Here and There...needless to say my old love got reignited all over again! From then I jumped from to Last Exile, Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic and the rest is history.

I joined my both my unis' anime societies (have jumped back in to do a masters this year!) and I go to the occasional London Expo but that's about it in terms of conventions.

I became a convert to the church of Blu-ray when I picked up a PS3 in 2010 and was one of the 750 people to buy the first part of FMA:Brotherhood over here...it was the news of the infamous MangaUK cancellation that brought me to this site in the first place. Needless to say I am the proud owner of a Technika BRSS10 multi-region player so I could complete my collection from the US!

My tastes are a bit all over the place but I recently spent some time procrastinating and setting up a list on myanimelist with most of what I have seen on there, my username is theadlib, check it out if you ever get extremely bored :p

Phew that went on a lot longer than I thought it would, forgive me! Looking forward to chatting about all things anime with everyone here!

Back