Hello Everyone!

Kuroki_Kaze

Completely Average High School Student
Hello people!

I'm new to this forum and to be honest most forums in general. The main reason I felt like joining this one was in order to talk with and meet new friends who have a similar interest in anime as I have. To be honest its sad there aren't really many anime groups set up to join out here in the North West, my area especially. :(

Anyway on to a bit about myself. My names Mark and I'm 25 and currently live near Blackburn. I absolutely love anime and have a tendancy to prefere english dubbed to english sub. Not sure if this fact might cause me to lose friends before I even meet any on this forum but I thought I'd say it ahead of time anyway. Its not that I wouldn't watch subbed anime its just I prefere it dubbed so I can focus more on watching whats on screen rather than trying to grasp whats being said in the sometimes quite badly translated subtitles.

I own quite a few anime titles and it would take me quite sometime to list them all so I'll do this more extensively when I have more time on my hands as I'm off to do a part time shift at the wonderful Spar shop this evening for some extra cash.

Some of my more favourite titles though are :

Bleach (Seen up to episode 90 but only own up to episode 49)
Scryed
Jing the Bandit King
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Full Metal Panic (All three series)
Gun Sword
Shakugan no Shana
Elemental Gelade
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny
Tsubasa Season 1 (Although just bought the second on the net just now.)

And recently I have watched most of Death note and the first season of Code Geass, although again I do have loads more anime which I will list if anyone really wants me to.

I hope that this has given everyone a good introduction as to who I am and hope that somebody would enjoy talking with me about anime on this forum. :)

Nice to meetya.
I usually go for dubs first too, unless they suck d:
I'm new round here too, I'm sure you wont have any problem fitting in.

Outlawstar said:
Welcome, watch out for crazy people.:p:p
WHERE!?

Oh, hi there. You'll not find many sub only snobs here. Some prefer subs (me included) but no one will hold a preferance for dubs against you. Good to see more northerners too, even those on the wrong side of the War of the Roses. ;) You've managed to list eleven titles there, all of which I haven't seen, although I do own Gundam Wing. Will watch it after I'm done with Victory. Honest. :p

ayase said:
Outlawstar said:
Welcome, watch out for crazy people.:p:p
WHERE!?

Oh, hi there. You'll not find many sub only snobs here. Some prefer subs (me included) but no one will hold a preferance for dubs against you. Good to see more northerners too, even those on the wrong side of the War of the Roses. ;) You've managed to list eleven titles there, all of which I haven't seen, although I do own Gundam Wing. Will watch it after I'm done with Victory. Honest. :p

D00de.... you've never seen Bleach? I thought everyone had seen that by now :lol:

No I'm afriad I haven't seen much Ghost in the Shell. I watched the first movie and didn't really get into it although the series is supposed to be good. Guess its another one of those titles I'll be taking a look at as soon as I run out of other titles I wanna get hold of. Glad to see there is another Shana fan out there in the UK. I'm quite looking forward to getting ahold of the second series they are planning. The ideas about the power of existance in that title make it quite interesting! :)

Glad to hear that my preference of dubs over subs won't cause too many arguments as I find that a few people go on about how so much of the anime is cut for western viewing. I understand thats not a good thing but even so I like my dubs. :)

Anyway I'll try listing some more titles I own on here and see if you have seen any of these Ayase.

I have :

Utawarerumono
My Hime
.Hack//Sign
Love Hina
Negima
Kiddy Grade
Angelic Layer
Chobits
Rayearth (series 1 and 2 and OVA)
Tactics
Read of Die Tv Series
Sakura Wars TV series and OVA
Hellsing
Daiguard
Kenshin
Full Alchemist
Getbackers
Please Teacher
Mahoromatic
Karas
Chrono Crusade
Fate Stay Night
DN Angel
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
Black Cat (Can't believe I forgot to put this one in my first list as I do especially like this one.)
Ah my goddess (season 1, movie and 5 episode series. Looking forward to buying the second series soon!)
Mar (watched up to about episode 39, am planning to buy the next volume up to 52 but not sure how I'm gonna manage to watch the last 52 episodes as Viz Media or some such company have decided to stop producing the english dub for this series. :( )

Well thats about all the anime I can bring to mind without checking through my collection in detail. Might post some more up if I realise I forgotten a few. Obviously my list of titles watched keeps expanding. Have also watched Evangelion and Escaflowne although don't own them. Although my 18 year old nephew does so does that count? Managed to turn him into an anime addict as well so thats always a bouns when he comes round for gaming and anime sesions! :)

Glad to see theres lots of people about on this forum and I have been welcomed so soon! I'll have to keep up the posting! :)

Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain have the best dubs I've heard... Not that I've actually listened to more than a handfull of titles in English.

Unless you reach the 100 post mark, I will not be communicating for you, Mark25MBL. Going on your posting frequency to date, you'll bugger off before marking you mark on this forum.

hey there welcome here.

You have some awesome anime listed there. FMP, Rayearth, Fate /s Stay night, kenshin, sakura wars...

Back