Hello all, another guy from the Neo Forum

Amon81

Student Council President
How do,

I've been posting on neo as Temple81 since about 2006 and have about 1500 posts.

As a good few are moving here I decided to join them.

I'm sure I will, after about an hour of looking round I'm liking it so far.

Also the reason for the name change is because Neo was the first forum I used. Since then I'm on a good few, but all as Amon81.

Copy paste from the forum post saying they were closing:

Unfortunately, we have to announce that the NEO forum will be closing in one week (22 February). We are unable to provide technical support for this platform any longer, and encourage you to interact with the magazine by checking out our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/neomagazineuk or our Twitter account at http://twitter.com/NEO_Magazine.

Many thanks for your continued support over the years that the NEO forum has been active.

It's been getting quite for a while now. No Idea how the actual mag is doing I stopped buying it as everything I would want to read I'd already read before hand and a good third plus I had no interest in. The main reason I posted there was because I wanted a UK based anime forum and at the time it seemed the best and after that I didn't look else where for a UK one. Infact I have only bought 3 copies of it in 3 or 4 years and that was only as I popped into WH Smiths at a New Street Station before I go down to Sci-Fi London's anime allnighter and their Octoberfest anime allnighter which I've been to 8 times now (and am looking foward to the 4th May for the next one).

So a bit about me, I'm a 31 year old Brummie bloke. I've been into anime since I was 14 thanks to seeing Ninja Scroll (the perfect age to discover it) followed by Devilman ova 1 & 2. I will always head toward the more violent anime, but will watch pretty much anything as long as its not really moe or ment for 5 year olds as they do nothing for me. I also really like the otaku anime made for otaku like Genshiken, Love that series and manga.

I'm also a big fan of Asian cinema, focusing on Japanese cinema and TV.

In 2006 I achieved a goal and went to Japan and am saving up to go back.

I'm not a massive gamer, but I do like a few. I love games like GT5 and Grid, I'm not one for RPG's or mmog or however you type it. I love oldschool gaming though, all Mega Drive and Master System a bit of NES & SNES.

Welcome to AUKN, Amon81.

devilrules666 said:
Is the magazine out of business? Hello! Tell us more about yourself! Gamer? What anime do you like?
Not really, they just decided to stop with the forums. I know that vBulletin paid for, and I know that they are running thin on admin / mods there....

Amon81 said:
..... Sci-Fi London's anime allnighter and their Octoberfest anime allnighter which I've been to 8 times now (and am looking foward to the 4th May for the next one).
Have you got a link to the all nighter? I'd be interested in going.....

Amon81 said:
I'm also a big fan of Asian cinema, focusing on Japanese cinema and TV.
Genkinahito is the resident asian cinema aficcionado here.

ZenTattooist said:
Hi, welcome and enjoy! :)
BTW, love the avatar. Mind if I ask what is it?

Here is a link to last years as they don't say whats going on till about 3 or 4 weeks before:

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2 ... hter/anime

I'd check out the archive to see what they have shown in the past. All but 2 films have been in Japanese subtitled, it was the Bleach Movie and the cgi Tekken movie. Only because they only had the dubbed version.

They always used to have it at Picadilly Apollo (really nice venue), but have now moved to Stratford East Picturehouse. Not as nice, but the seating is easily good enough for sitting all night. It might also be cheaper tickets as at the Apollo it was £35, at the first event in November at the Picturehoue it was only £26. I travel down from Birmingham to the event, 20:10 train down (always virgin first class as booking eairly means its only about £50 return. I normally get one for around 11:45 train home the next day. I've been going since 2009. There always tends to be a nice bunch of people who go and other than laughing at funny stuff tend to be pretty much silent while the films are on. My biggest pet hate is people talking in the cinema.

The avatar is Angel Cop. I just resized this image:

Cool stuff. Depending on the films and when, I might see you there then, Amon81.

Love the avatar and the art of this makes me believe I'd enjoy watching it.....

It is a very nice avatar, but with all that white and that shadow it was just begging to have the background made transparent.

angelavy2.png

Yours to use if you want it.

I'm good thanks. I'm happy with it as it is.

Angel cop is one of those series thats that bad its entertaining. Its got one of manga's interesting old dubs. I'd stick with the subs. I first saw it on vhs in the 90's, thanks to wanting to see it from the trailer on a few of there other 18 cert videos, I've had it on dvd for years, imported.

I'm a fan of podcasts, good anime ones are great for listening to at work. Anime world order is one of the best, here is there review of it, I've sent a few people to that and they have watched it as a result.

http://www.awopodcast.com/2007/08/anime ... is-is.html

I do like the fact that they give you the time of each review they do.

Back