Hello + a bit about me

serpantino

Thousand Master
I'm a long time lurker and decided to create an account mainly so I could participate in buying some anime from other forumites but I thought it'd be rude not to at least say hello!

I got into anime from the Scifi channel's late night anime showing about age 16. On it was an episode of Blue Gender followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion, followed by Martian Successor Nadesico and then Urotsukidoji as the feature film (quite an eye opener!). I don't consider myself a hardcore anime fan but I don't bother watching tv so anime makes up part of my daily viewing schedule.

I am currently trying to bolster up my collection and reacquire a lot of series that I have lost over the years or never got round to buying. I'm a collector as much as a watcher and like to own physical copies of what I enjoy even if I'll only watch them once a decade.

Sex: Male

Fave anime series: Blue Gender... I know it's not considered one of the greats but it was the first I saw and really stuck with me.
Fave anime film: Cowboy Bebop the movie
Fave OAV: Macross Plus
Fave live action adaptation: Death Note 1 & 2.

Dub or Sub: Depends on the series, sometimes the voices on dubs have more accurate ethnicity or voices that suit the characters better
DVD or Blu-Ray: Blu-Ray in most cases if only because the subtitles look better. UK needs way more blu ray love.
Pet anime hate: Long series. I've given up trying to watch anime that keep on going. I loved Bleach but gave up after series 2 when I saw it was just going to keep on.

I also enjoy Asian cinema (Korean,Chinese,Japanese) in general.

Any other questions you'd like me to answer, feel free to ask.

Lutga said:
Welcome!

Nice picks - Macross Plus is excellent (especially the soundtrack)

That is one of the things I really love about it. I've never been able to work out whether I like the movie or the ova's more though.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone (and anyone else who says it after this.)

-Danielle- said:
Woooo someone near my age bracket (I'm 26 :p). Welcome! :)

Make yourself at home and post lots!

Thanks for the welcome ^_^ good to know I'm not the only one creeping past their mid 20s and still thoroughly enjoying anime, though I guess really I should be considered late 20s!

Back