Has United Publications Shut Down?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
So back on the 3rd of this month I ordered the Classics release of Future Diary (there is no way I am ever buying the UK Kaze release) from United Publications since I found out it was coming out in the US the next day, thinking that they'll get it in stock and ship it out ASAP. Well it's now the 18th and it's still on Order Placed status. In fact UP has not even updated it's front page at all since then, even days before I ordered it. Did UP just shut down or something?. I'd e-mail them but I figure I wont get a response at all

So back on the 3rd of this month I ordered the Classics release of Future Diary (there is no way I am ever buying the UK Kaze release) from United Publications since I found out it was coming out in the US the next day, thinking that they'll get it in stock and ship it out ASAP. Well it's now the 18th and it's still on Order Placed status. In fact UP has not even updated it's front page at all since then, even days before I ordered it. Did UP just shut down or something?. I'd e-mail them but I figure I wont get a response at all

According to Companies house in the UK they still seem to be trading unless the US business is a separate entity

I Pre-ordered a PE from them around the same time you ordered your Future Diary set and beforehand they regularly responded to my queries on said product so I think it's safe to say they're functioning.

I've always found UP very helpful and they respond to inquiries (at least they always have done for me). I'd say it's worth emailing them.

Got an order from them today, so they definitively still in business (thank god). Stuff which is on ‘back order’ (not marked as immediate delivery) can take up to two/three weeks before they get it and then can ship it out to you.

UP1USA is my go to shop for all i don’t want hazzle with customs. Their support is the best i’ve ever experienced from any web shop out there.

They've updated their recent changes section twice this week so I highly doubt that they've closed down unless they've been having trouble either getting stock or getting that stock shipped to the UK.

I was thinking the same thing, I tried emailing them yesterday and my email bouced back saying it doesn't exist.
Does anyone know any other ways to contact them?

They emailed me 14th November to inform me that the K-ON! Premium Set was delayed so yeah they’re still operating fine afaik.

I still can't email them, the email keeps getting bounced back :( How frustrating. They don't seem to have any social media accounts either :/

God this scared me. So far as I know UP1 are fine. I was in contact with them over the last few weeks about getting a replacement which I think will probably ship tomorrow or Tuesday as it's in 'Being Processed' right now. I ordered something they had for Immediate delivery and got a confirmation of order and I expect that to similarly ship.

I used to use UP1 all the time when the Pound was strong. Since the stupid referendum I did look elsewhere and ordered from them much less, I mean the drop of the pound combined with the Universal distribution meant Funimation titles pretty much doubled in price. Something that remains to this day but then everything got so much more expensive. I've got more used to it now of course and just accept it. UP1 are very competitive price wise and I've started recently using them more again. I may pay a few percent more but there is a seamless flow to a UP1 order that gives me peace of mind. No customs to worry about, no dodgy packaging and best of all once they ship it tends to arrive a day later.

UP1 have always responded to all my emails. I only use the UP1USA site myself and so I use that email but it's the same people answering I'm pretty sure. They've been great with customer service for me, outstanding even.

I use them for mostly AoA and Gundams these day. The FUNi titles seem to be the same everywhere price since Deep Discount added the tax bar sales. How much my recent funi stuff dropped this past week has annoyed me a bit. But outside Magus Bride thanks to Manga getting CCS and me preordering when amazon had it for £23 my funi stuff might drop as most stuff i liked was CR.
I have FMA listed as Being processed and Fate Apocrypha though I asked for Fate Apoc not to ship till part 2 and FMA I kinda want them to hold to Jan but we shall see.

I still can't email them, the email keeps getting bounced back :( How frustrating. They don't seem to have any social media accounts either :/
If the email keeps bouncing back for whatever reason, have you tried using the Account Update form to get in touch with them? or if you made an order as a guest, replying directly to that

Back