Hajime no Ippo

Brown

Completely Average High School Student
Has anyone else seen this series? I searched this on the forum and was surprised It hasnt been brought up, I really enjoyed watching it, especially since I enjoy boxing itself anyway. I really enjoyed listening to the music on it too :)

Although the graphics might seemed like its an older Anime I thought it had a great Storyline and stands out well among some other series I have previously seen.

I have seen this series and it is excallent. The manga is still going strong today and the manga is upto chapter 812. Ippo is one of the best anime chartacters ever IMO. The fight bettwen him and sendo is epic. And like you say the music is very good.

Did you watch the 2 hajime no ippo movies?

Also if anyone wants the songs I can give them to you over msn.

Yeah the fights are really well done!. Oh I never got to see the two movies, what are they like?

Wow 812, thats alot!

The manga is very long, I read some of it. I know for a fact that takamura wins world titles matches in the manga and atm he is the world middle weight champion. the first hajime no ippo movie is called champion road:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3470

and it is about ippos first defence of his feater weight title.

The second one is about aoikia (kimura mate) having a tititle match fighting mashiba and he trains to counter his flicker Jab. they are both really good films.

Other good fighting anime shows are air master and histroys strongest disiple kenichi? You got the songs? if not send me your msn and I'll give you them on msn.

Ah, intresting I will try and watch it sometime, and those other fighting animes.

I got an OST of it so its okay, you dont need to send them to me :)

Awesome timing... I was considering buying this series today at up1 ... each series is selling for 40 quid... a bit expensive yet, but I've seen some bits of it here and there and I heard all kind of great things about it...

chaos said:
Awesome timing... I was considering buying this series today at up1 ... each series is selling for 40 quid... a bit expensive yet, but I've seen some bits of it here and there and I heard all kind of great things about it...

You might not be able to actually obtain it though. It was a Geneon titles and there's no way of knowing if their warehouse is still operational - I would doubt it. Although... I think Rightstuf handle Geneon's distribution, so maybe that isn't the case.

I've seen them on stock at UP1... well, just ordered it just in case, with tsukihime as well .... feeling guilty now... why do I keep on doing this... ordering more than I can actually watch, I mean.... :(

Hajime no Ippo was one of my dirty little secrets. For some reason I love sports anime, that can do spirit, will to win, training montages, it's all there.

Personally what I loved with Ippo was that as the series goes on you can actively watch him develop as a person from the poor bullied wimp to an all-conquering Japanese hero. The fight with Date was one of those horrible gut wrenching moments, and I loved it to pieces.

Shame I could never get anyone else to watch the show though....

Back