.Hack//Question?

BlackWolf

Godhand
Back in august, i won uk anime.net's monthly DVD competion, and won vol 1 of .Hack//Roots.

So my question is this, what is the other .Hack anime series like and while i know that they serve as prequels to the games which i'm having trouble getting hold of, i want to know what people here think of them and if i should invest in them or not.

Also how many manga series are there that go along with it?

From a .hack fan, this may be biased, but I really liked the .hack universe.

Info on Project .hack:
Project .hack is quite a large franchise of games, mangas, anime and novels. the list (in order of timeline) comes out like this:
.hack//A.I. Buster (Novel)
.hack//Sign (Anime)
.hack//Liminality (OAV with games)
.hack//Infection (Game series 1)
.hack//Another Birth (Novel)
.hack// Legend of the Twilight (Manga/Anime)
.hack//Roots (Anime)
.hack//G.U. (Game series 2)

+ Soundtracks/Minitures.
Although, how you get them and their availability now is up to you. I've not seen any .hack games for Infection for a long time, and G.U. is probably a US release only (outside Japan).

How good is Project .hack?
Imence. The series are usually heavily thought out storylines with action plotted in different places. It's not an all-out fighter series. It concentrates on lives in and out of the MMORPGs, which I thought was an obvious but nice touch. The best thing about .hack//SIGN was the music. That and the story worked well. .hack//Roots had ok music, but not my favourite soundtrack.

The books were an interesting read too. .hack//LOTT has a different story in the anime to the manga, but I found the manga was more interesting. You don't have to be computer literate to understand what they talk about, and I like the art in the manga (and the odd pics in the novels).

Overall, I rate this highly. It's not action packed and grewsome as other animes/mangas (like GITS), but the voice actors are good, the art's nice and the stories in both are great. The 1st game series is quite repetitive in gameplay, but if you do become devoted to this, it's still worth the buy for the story. Don't know much on .hack//G.U. though. :(

Hope that helps. :)

Wow i didn't realise there was so much stuff. By the sounds of it this looks like a series i would defintely enjoy :D Just hope i can find some of those novels, thanks a lot :D

Chaz said:
From a .hack fan, this may be biased, but I really liked the .hack universe.

Info on Project .hack:
Project .hack is quite a large franchise of games, mangas, anime and novels. the list (in order of timeline) comes out like this:
.hack//A.I. Buster (Novel)
.hack//Sign (Anime)
.hack//Liminality (OAV with games)
.hack//Infection (Game series 1)
.hack//Another Birth (Novel)
.hack// Legend of the Twilight (Manga/Anime)
.hack//Roots (Anime)
.hack//G.U. (Game series 2)

Huh, thanks for that, I always wondered where the novels fitted in. Although it always seemed to have a lot of potential to it, I never really got into .hack, simply on the basis it'd take me waaay too much time and cash to get.

I kinda liked the first sign of SIGN, but it's far too big a series for me to get into right now. The anime alone adds up to 72 episodes! Then you have all the manga, novels and games. Too much time and money for a student! XD

Espy said:
I kinda liked the first sign of SIGN, but it's far too big a series for me to get into right now. The anime alone adds up to 72 episodes! Then you have all the manga, novels and games. Too much time and money for a student! XD
I didn't buy it all in one go, you know. :p Plus, I'm still missing .hack//Roots and G.U. Just cuz I've seen it, dont mean I own it.

Back