H1N1 flu

RetroRainbow said:
Also, why does it matter whether you've a male or female avatar? I switch from character to character, gender to gender. I never assume that someone is a particular gender based on their avatar. It's rather silly, and pointless.

Well fair enough if thats you :lol:

I know loads of people who just have a general assumption due to the avatar. I imagine most people to look something like thier avatar, lots of people do, since it's the only 'image' of that person they have in thier head.

(Yep- to me, BlackWolf will always look like the first avatar he's had, McIcy will always look like Renji, CG like the kid with the glasses, Ayase the d00de with the beard, etc., etc.)

RetroRainbow said:
Also, why does it matter whether you've a male or female avatar? I switch from character to character, gender to gender. I never assume that someone is a particular gender based on their avatar. It's rather silly, and pointless.

I guess for some people who rarely change them it becomes part of their online identity. I will be completely depressed if one day I find out that Chaos isn't actually a Kaneda lookalike and McIcy doesn't have magnificent tattoos.

R

Edit: Argh Spyro beat me to the McIcy one!

On topic I haven't had any pamphlets on Influenza Type A (or whatever it's been renamed to today) through the door yet as was promised, though I have seen ads popping up in the free London newspapers with advice on how not to spread germs everywhere. The initial hysteria seems to be settling down, at least for now while things seem to be slowing down.

R

CitizenGeek said:
chaos said:
I must add that if that was the case and advance warning prevented Europe from dying of bird flu, then how can we explain all third world country population surviving?
On top of that ayase's comment about having or not a pandemic is true. There is no way to avoid one, if it is to happen, it will regardless of the quantity of propaganda you do. The only thing I can see happening right now is tamiflu selling like hot cakes yet again, people hurriyng to the GP / doctor because they think they have swine flu, which then overload the system and might lead some serious cases to have less attention than they actually need.
Wow, there is so much wrong with what you've just said.
Third world countries weren't affected because travel to and from Asian and Western countries that had outbreaks of the flu were relatively tiny. It was much easier to control it because so few people travel to Africa from the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
Far from Truth. In Brazil alone there are almost 2 million japanese, chinese and koreans immigrants, which is almost half the population of Ireland.
Unless you have actual data on flights, you can never convince me that all these immigrants never travelled back to Asia AND China and Korea had human infections while Japan had confimed infections on poultry.

You're right about SARS, but you forget about AIDS, which is actually a pandemic and an active one, I must say.

"Both UK and Scottish Governments are well prepared for a pandemic and are now starting to implement their plans. There are large stocks of antiviral drugs and a programme is now beginning to provide the public with information about swine flu and the precautions which both organisations and individuals can take." http://www.abdn.ac.uk/influenza/

I just checked my mailbox to see I've been sent an email about this. It actually sounds reassuring. I mean, it all sounds so much better when you don't have to die lol. You just sleep a lot, read in your bed and umm, yeah, survive ahaha.

Back