Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition - Delayed to 20th October

Re: Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition - Delayed to 20th Octobe

*Vomits Blood"

I know it's out of their hands, but christ this delay business with all of their releases has gotten old.

To be honest, all of these delays weren't even Anime Limited's fault. A majority of them were due to approvals while this one was because of Sony DADC.

NormanicGrav said:
To be honest, all of these delays weren't even Anime Limited's fault. A majority of them were due to approvals while this one was because of Sony DADC.

Yeah I sort of pointed that out by saying "i know it's out of their hands" etc

Lets see how this affects their October slate as i'm sure if everyones september slates are being delayed then the chances of HAL, Patema Inverted and Blood Lad coming on time are very low (as im assuming they too will be done through the same printers)

Sorry for the double post

Hi Jonathan,

It's not so much all products as ones that require a special cut - Patema is likely to be impacted too but again not seriously. I'd say HAL will be OK as will Blood Lad if it passes approval quickly though :).

Andrew

So patema delay of anywhere from a few weeks id imagine and blood lad yet to be signed off.

This is me currently.

Sobbing forever,

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

In the last space dandy post you mentioned having the set ready for mcm in October. I assume that's gonna be impacted too?

britguy said:
In the last space dandy post you mentioned having the set ready for mcm in October. I assume that's gonna be impacted too?

Hopefully not as it's a more standard cut - we'll keep folks updated though!

Andrew

britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

Lets see how this affects their October slate as i'm sure if everyones september slates are being delayed then the chances of HAL, Patema Inverted and Blood Lad coming on time are very low (as im assuming they too will be done through the same printers)

I believe Patema has already been delayed until 3rd November (at least according to Amazon it has)!

Rob F1UK said:
britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

I believe Patema has already been delayed until 3rd November (at least according to Amazon it has)!
I would think that the Kickstarter version of Patema Inverted will be released before the general release version (a perk for backing as it were).

mangaman74 said:
I would think that the Kickstarter version of Patema Inverted will be released before the general release version (a perk for backing as it were).

Yep - Patema goes to backers first as a steadfast rule :).

Andrew

+1 for Arrested Development.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must've been to find that bit of info out followed by knowing you had to inform all of the Anime community of the news :S Yikes. Thankfully, it seems people are being very understanding and not flipping their lids (I did expect it considering there's some out there that go rage mode, even if it isn't the companies fault).

I've had the dolla to pay for this in my savings account for a few months now so not at all bothered, sometimes things just cannot be helped..that is life sadly.

The delay doesn't bother me since it's a available on Netflix (and er, on my shelf via my old DVDs ^^; ) and it means I can spend more of my September money on frivolous things before having to pay for the preorder. I know what a pain it is when a link in the production chain lets you down.

R

Though, honestly, at this point, if you slapped a 6/12 month surplus on the in-house estimation, released that figure publicly as your ETA and then bumped it forward on the rare (hopefuly less rare going into '15 but let's be cautiously optimistic here) occasions that things don't go to pot, I don't think anyone would notice all that much.

Except for the fact that I've layed it out here, It'd be a great sort of trick to keep people on the happy side of PR. Everyone (besides people with Anal Budgeting concerns but there's ways around that) loves a schedule advance.

Back