Gundam Mobile Suit 00

Negacion

Brigade Leader
God why are the characters so gay in this show?! I could probably enjoy this if it weren't for the majority of the main cast were FABULOUS gays. Needs more manly pilots who have spirit. Maybe I'm too used to Gurren Lagann, where there was like one gay character in the main cast, which I could tolerate (Leeron).

Anyone else seen the first episode of this? Thoughts?

I'm going to watch it, I don't care much for the emo bishies, though they do look SORT OF eye catching and different to your generic fifteen year old.

This show has only done what Wing did before it and went for the pretty boy look. I liked the first ep but i think i will have to see more before i can make a real comment, i just hope this doesn't turn out to be another Destiny :(

The Mecha looked good, just wondering what ep they will bring in the replacement Mobile Suit(s) for the lead

BlackWolf said:
The Mecha looked good, just wondering what ep they will bring in the replacement Mobile Suit(s) for the lead
Yeah, the animation for the mechs, and overall everything is really good.

Also, replacement Mobile Suits?

What i mean is ever since Victory Gundam it seems like the main character(s) recieve a new Mobile Suit to replace their old one at the half way point of the series. Their old one is normally then passed down to another pilot but this isn't true in all cases, and Turn A Gundam didn't have a suit transfer. For exampleAfter Shinn destroys Kira's Freedom Gundam, Kira goes missing for a little while and then shows up in Strike Freedom Gundam (along with Lacus in Infinite Justice, which is given to Athrun) A non-spolish example would be that generic pilot A's mecha is destroyed so then he is given a new one :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus Inu said:
I'm going to watch it, I don't care much for the emo bishies, though they do look SORT OF eye catching and different to your generic fifteen year old.
Wouldn't peg Setsuna as an emo bishie, more of a coldblood pilot (Little emotion, cool and utterly bad arsed)... well i hope so anyway. :roll: My only hope that was dashed early on was for a female gundam pilot. Just wonder how much it's going to 'borrow' from previous series.

Ryo Chan said:
Setsuna looks exactly like shinn though XD

besides, no one else is worried that he's got a girls name?

Setsuna isn't just a girls name :p

I'm intrigued as to where they're going to go with this series. I got a strong Wing vibe from the first ep (not necessarily a bad thing), and at the moment there doesn't seem to be any clear cut good guys or bad guys - it's the Gundam guys vs everyone else. But with the staff involved, I'm pretty sure it's going to be interesting.

The mecha designs are fresh, nice new takes on old concepts (particularly liking the Zaku-esque grunt suits and the Exia), but I'm still not sold on the character designs. I'll probably get used to them pretty quickly though.

After the bitter disappointment of Destiny, I'm cautiously optimistic as to whether 00 can deliver the goods, but so far it has done nothing to offend me.

Back