Gundam event at a UK convention- Possible?

HellCat

Death Scythe
The last few years, Sunrise has organised a number of high profile Gundam panels at US conventions. These include a screening of the 00 movie and members of the Unicorn production.
I've been talking to some other UK fans and I have to wonder- could we ever see something official like this for the franchise at a UK convention?

To start off with, I know the US and UK convention scenes aren't exact. Likewise, I'm aware that Gundam is perhaps less popular here then in America (in my experience, it's the Shonen Jump stuff that UK con goers really go for). However, the whole point of these panels does seem to generate buzz so arguably that problem addresses itself.

Any thoughts? I find it odd they continue to include us in the Unicorn global release but there's little to no advertising here for it. Getting events like the US ones would be really cool.

I would love to see a dedicated gundam panel but judging from recent events, we just don't have the fanbase for it...currently. I don't know why but people I've recommended gundam to just haven't bothered with it.

Funny thing is, one could of been possible when Gundam Wing first started showing over here, but we so long without a gundam title compared to america which got the first gundam, Zeta Gundam, G Gundam, Gundam SEED and the OVAs in quick succession.

Back