Guin Saga AKA the first Berserk

Lupus

Baka Ranger
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwmu19f97lc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwmu19f97lc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For the Final Fantasy kids this is Uematsu doing the OST. Definately watching it on the first day it's out (when it's subbed.)

Leopard headed protagonist? I'm already interested.. The animation looks to be of a highstandard too. Will definitely be on the look out for this.

I've been looking forward to this one too and the shots in that trailer look to be decent quality. One for me to pick up for sure.

R

Dull title, not-so-great trailer and a man in a leopard mask beating people with his fist. My first impressions are that it won't be worth my time. Still, I could be wrong, so it can't hurt to have a look when the first episode airs.

It'll be interested to hear Uematsu's music away from a game. That's reason enough for me to have a look/listen.

Undecided,

hopefully funi will pick it up, dub it and put a few free eps on their website so I can try before I buy.

chaos said:
Tekken's King comes to mind. I guess the title is a typo and what they really wanted was "King's saga".

was gonna say the exact same thing!! lol

edit: after a quick google search of this show i can the manga came ALONG time before tekken. so king is probs a rip off of this dude...

whats this show about anyways?

Watched episode one, loved it. It had the classic epic feeling to it, you know before everything was forced. Music was really good too, quite an impressive battle theme so far. Not dropping this.

There was some pretty cheesy dialogue in the first episode, still not a bad start. I get the feeling it will probably take a while to get going proper plus, it was worth the watch to see King -sorry- Guin punching some guys head into the ground.

Though there was that one line that had me in unable to breath for laughter: "Lemus how long do you plan on crying? We're not in Argos." The lack of catalogues would suggest not..

Ressurecting this thread to report some sad news:

"Kaoru Kurimoto, the mystery, fantasy, and historical novelist best known for her Guin Saga epic series, has passed away on Tuesday at 7:18 p.m. She was 56. She was in a Tokyo hospital due to pancreatic cancer which was diagnosed in 2007. She leaves behind her husband Kiyoshi Imaoka.

Kurimoto was born under the name Sumiyo Yamada on February 13, 1953 in Tokyo. Under the names Kaoru Kurimoto and Azusa Nakajima, she wrote hundreds of novels and stories, including The Sword of Paros (which was adapted into manga by Yumiko Igarashi) and Makai Sui Koten. However, her most well-known work is the the Guin Saga novel series, which spanned 126 main volumes and 21 side story volumes and sold 30 million copies. It inspired both a manga series drawn by Hajime Sawada and a television anime series which premiered in April."

Well there goes the longest novel series ever. Either way, I've been watching Guin Saga and enjoying it more than I should be. R.I.P.

Back