Greatest Movie Moments

The naked chase scene in the Borat film, in a packed cinema, just LOL

Also the deathstar trench run in Star Wars, the music, the X-wing, the voice of obi-wan, just wow wow etc. No other scenes in the starwars series can match the atmophere of that, (for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the end period during Indiana Jones: The Raiders Of The Lost Ark when the Ark is opened and the spirits pour out. The music for that sequence (courtesy of John Williams) is absolutley outstanding! Amazing scene for a genuinely classic film.

Another classic scene (for me) was in The Matrix (the first installment) when Neo (aka Paul Anderson) is "killed" only to come back to life as "The One" and take out Agent Smith who tries desperately to hit Neo who gets bored and uses one arm to block all his attacks! Fan-bloody-tastic! :D

Also from The Matrix: Revolutions the scene where Neo and Agent Smith prepare for their "final" showdown and Agent Smiths says "Mr Anderson, welcome back! We missed you! Like what I done to the place?" and all around is just duplicate Agent Smiths. Excellent stuff as far as I'm concerned. :)

Hovis! said:
Love the end period during Indiana Jones: The Raiders Of The Lost Ark when the Ark is opened and the spirits pour out. The music for that sequence (courtesy of John Williams) is absolutley outstanding! Amazing scene for a genuinely classic film.
I just finished watching that again.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Hovis! said:
I just finished watching that again.

Spooky! Well, perhaps! :wink:

In Spider-Man 2, the sequence with the train pursuit of Doc Ock. One of the best action sequences I've seen in a film and probably the best comic book adaption action scene to date thus far.

In Kung-Fu Hustle, the opening five-ten minutes from the moment the Axe Gang first appear to where you see them dancing - haven't forgotten that since the moment I first saw it. Great music to go with it too!

A quick list of my top Hong Kong cinema fights/action sequences from the 3 brothers...

Sammo Hung's final fight in Pedicab Driver.

Yuen Wah vs Yuen Biao's fight at the end of The Iceman Cometh.

The end truck sequence in The Accidental Spy.

The playground fight and the final warehouse fight in Police Story 2.

All Jackie Chan's fight sequences in Miracles.

Jackie Chan's final fight in Drunken Master II.

Sammo Hung vs Yuen Biao in Millionaire's Express.

The final fight sequence in Millionaire's Express.

Jackie Chan's final kickboxing match in Gorgeous.

The toy store fight and the opening warehouse fights in New Police Story.

Jackie Chan vs Sammo Hung vs Yuen Biao in Dragons Forever.

I like the final fight set-piece/s with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao in Eastern Condors.

Despite being made in 1987, the action scenes in that film are still better than most in new films!

One of my fave moments from Jackie Chan films, would have to be the Street Fighter scene in City Hunter, where he's dressed up as Chun Li made the whole film really worth while.

This one is definietely a genuine "individual" choice, but the end scene at the Mafia's resturant in Enemy Of The State (starring Will Smith and Gene Hackman, directed by Tony Scott) is a brilliant sequence of suspense and tension (unable not to go into the realms of clichè here)!

In fact, its one of my favourite "chase" movies and I think it deserves more recognition but that's neither here nor there!

In Clash Of The Titans when Medusa first appears (I remember when I first watched that film in the eighties and when you saw her shadow on the walls and pillars it scared the hell out of me!).

Hovis! said:
In Clash Of The Titans when Medusa first appears (I remember when I first watched that film in the eighties and when you saw her shadow on the walls and pillars it scared the hell out of me!).

Ooooh and the Skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts, Ray Harryhousen (I think thats how its spelt) was a genious

Heh, I love that bit too. I was watching the recent version the other day, and it got to the bit where he sowed the dragon's teeth. 'Oh boy, fancy-dancy CG skeletons running around, this is gonna be good', I thought.

They were weeds. Weeds wearing Greek armour, rooted to the spot and swinging swords around wildly, with the guy playing Jason dancing around in the middle. I was so disappointed.

Just as well the real one was on today, eh? ;)

McIcy said:
Ooooh and the Skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts, Ray Harryhousen (I think thats how its spelt) was a genious

They were awesome the Skeleton Warriors. For a while after that scene I had a passing interest (or should that be fetish? :wink: :lol: ) for all things Skeleton. I thought The Hydra was fantastic too.

I agree, Ray Harryhousen (or however you play his dreaded second name) was fantastic. I wonder how much direct and indirect influence he's had on creatures / monsters in films AND video games since? :)

Ok heres one for the movie fans. Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes, when the movie runs out of money and has to start incorporating product placements into the movie and where everything they say is full of logo's and ad tag lines. Brilliantly funny and original piece of film.

chritmas tv reminds you of so many though

another one i remembered was Back to the Future part 3 when marty drives at the poster of the Indians only to almost run over 200 real ones :)

Ryo Chan said:
chritmas tv reminds you of so many though

another one i remembered was Back to the Future part 3 when marty drives at the poster of the Indians only to almost run over 200 real ones :)

Quality bit of cinema, also the running gags in that series rock "I hate manure"

McIcy said:
Hovis! said:

Sir Haggis said:
Heh, I love that bit too. I was watching the recent version the other day, and it got to the bit where he sowed the dragon's teeth. 'Oh boy, fancy-dancy CG skeletons running around, this is gonna be good', I thought.

They were weeds. Weeds wearing Greek armour, rooted to the spot and swinging swords around wildly, with the guy playing Jason dancing around in the middle. I was so disappointed.

Just as well the real one was on today, eh? ;)

Nah, 'this' is the version you want to see. :p ( And make sure you watch all of it. :twisted: ) http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/

Back