Great Britain's fighting the power and piercing the heavens

Chaz said:
It's good for a club or an event, but to sing "God save the queen/king" to this... I'd shoot myself before I dare.

I reckon if this were the flag we'd be singing the Gurren Lagann theme tune instead anyway :lol:

That would be so weird...

Wildcard said:
Chaz said:
It's good for a club or an event, but to sing "God save the queen/king" to this... I'd shoot myself before I dare.

I reckon if this were the flag we'd be singing the Gurren Lagann theme tune instead anyway :lol:

going back to the offspring theme,

wouldn't the UK's current stance be better going with "na na why don't you get a job"?

Ryo Chan said:
Wildcard said:
Chaz said:

going back to the offspring theme,

wouldn't the UK's current stance be better going with "na na why don't you get a job"?

I think "The Kids Aren't Alright" would be pretty apt as well :p

CitizenGeek said:
Yeah, awesome flag! Pity the article in the Telegraph didn't mention Gurren Lagann or anime :
Chaz said:
uot;]Hmmm, I'm gonna have to be the party pooper, and say I REALLY dont think that would work as a flag.
We're fans and otaku, yeah that's great news. But most of Britain aren't into our fad/lifestyle. Even if it was, adding something like a flaming skull or a "Hello Kitty" head on make the flag look incorporated or tacky. It's good for a club or an event, but to sing "God save the queen/king" to this... I'd shoot myself before I dare.

I doubt we're meant to take it that seriously! :p
Shush! I'm naive! Leave me alone. :p
Nah, just showing my opinion, tiz all. Damn Gurren fanati- Ops! I'll retract that statement... :wink:

Lelouch said:
Lol, this is one amazing flag, I wouldn't use it for are counrty though because it does't mean anything to the people who aren't anime fans, tbh.

It seems to mean something cause it got voted in as the top entry. I very much doubt the majority of voters were anime fans that knew the source material.

trumpster said:
Lelouch said:
Lol, this is one amazing flag, I wouldn't use it for are counrty though because it does't mean anything to the people who aren't anime fans, tbh.
It seems to mean something cause it got voted in as the top entry. I very much doubt the majority of voters were anime fans that knew the source material.
It got popular on 2ch I think.

I havent seen that anime although my mate keeps going on about it and will probably show me soon enough!! Ha I love the flag, I might actually consider patriotism with that flag in place!!

Back