Gonzo Works To Be Streamed Simultaneously with Airing

Conan-san said:
Bet you they do someting realy realy realy stupid with the region blocking and thus invalidate this from the Brittish standpoint.

Oh yeah I'm expecting somthing like that :evil:
Although to be quite honest i'm not sure if I like this whole idea. I really hope anime distribution doesn't go over to online distribution, I prefer DVDs and physical products.

Sakimori said:
Conan-san said:
Bet you they do someting realy realy realy stupid with the region blocking and thus invalidate this from the Brittish standpoint.

Don't fall for Conan's crap. (If you weren't being sarcastic).

It is clearly stated everywhere that this is worldwide...

melonpan said:
Sakimori said:
Conan-san said:

I know it is, it just seams like somthing a company would spring on us fans after stating that they wouldn't. But who knows maybe they'll actually pull this off in a fair way for once.

Sakimori said:
melonpan said:
Sakimori said:
Conan-san said:

I know it is, it just seams like somthing a company would spring on us fans after stating that they wouldn't. But who knows maybe they'll actually pull this off in a fair way for once.

That's just not going to be a possibility in this case.

It's a shame when whenever there's good news everyone (including myself) thinks of all the bad aspects of it, or possible bad aspects instead of the good. Although, the ratio of good news and bad news in this industry is probably 1:100 right now.

Bad thing: It could push up the license price for certain properties.
Bad thing: Someone is bound to crack it and make illegal downloads available.

Good thing: Those that must watch the latest releases straight away and are willing to pay, will be able to in hopefully a decent quality.
Good thing: It may get Japanse and Western license holders to work together more efficiently and get physical products out in a reasonable time frame at least for the most popular shows.

melonpan said:
Sakimori said:
melonpan said:
Sakimori said:
Conan-san said:

That's just not going to be a possibility in this case.

It's a shame when whenever there's good news everyone (including myself) thinks of all the bad aspects of it, or possible bad aspects instead of the good. Although, the ratio of good news and bad news in this industry is probably 1:100 right now.

Yes it is somthing quite sad isn't it :( Although things do seam to be bad at the moment. Ah well I'm going to keep my fingers crossed this works out.

Maltos said:
Are they going to be making money from this? E.g; are there going to be ads in the video?
There is some likelihood that they have a deal with the sites they are working with (YouTube, Cruncyroll and Bost) to share some of the revenue whenever people watch their videos. GDH will also be charging for the high-quality version and will be sharing the revenue from that with whomever will be providing the service for that version. Other than that it serves as advertising for DVD and merchanise sales, much like anime on TV does.

Gawyn said:
Maltos said:
Are they going to be making money from this? E.g; are there going to be ads in the video?
There is some likelihood that they have a deal with the sites they are working with (YouTube, Cruncyroll and Bost) to share some of the revenue whenever people watch their videos. GDH will also be charging for the high-quality version and will be sharing the revenue from that with whomever will be providing the service for that version. Other than that it serves as advertising for DVD and merchanise sales, much like anime on TV does.

They're pushing it a bit though. Only a couple of weeks until they start airing and still no word of the download service.

Let's keep this in perspective, This is all being done to satisfy the grossly impatient fans, who as long as there is a sub will gorge themselves on it. I wouldn't want this to replace DVD dubs on the grounds of "haste makes waste". I don't want a good series hindered by a bad dub, because of wanting to get the product out fast. A good dub is always worth the wait. So by all means get the sub out fast to preempt a fansub but don't use this for everything. I can't be the only anime fan who wants dubbed DVD's only rather than downloads of same. Also Another point that seems to be being glossed over, is the over production of so much loli-moe-riddled-with-fanservice dross that seems to be 90% of recent releases. There's no way I'm getting any of that no matter if they personally gave it to me at my door. The sooner the Japanese remember that not all anime fans are Akiabara (sic) perverted otaku the better for their profits, but thinking about it, it's because of profits, or the lack thereof, because of losses due to fansubs and bootlegs, that these are the only titles that actually sell. It's a vicious cycle. I only hope it works for Gonzo :cry:

So, basically, Gonzo are going to give us what we've been getting for free already in Youtube quality for free or, if the person wishes, allow them to pay for a HQ download?

It's good that an anime studio is allowing something like this, BUT it doesn't change anything apart from allow impatient fansub downloaders a chance to get anime subbed the same day it airs. I'm more than happy to wait a few days for fansub groups to do their thing and get a HQ download for free.

This may turn out to be a very good thing if (and it's a big if) the new anti-filesharing stance Japanese ISPs are taking does serious damage to fansub groups. If not, this news doesn't change anything for me.

...actually, I don't know why I'm posting here when I haven't followed any series weekly since Darker than BLACK, Death Note and Romeo x Juliet aired. :D

Someone has finally seen the light! make them free and pay the fees with adverts and all that rubbish, just like the new battlefield game will be doing.

Back