Gollancz One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin releases

Semajer

Brigade Leader
Can anyone tell me what the release date is for volume 6 of One Piece please?

I had ordered it from amazon but now it says that it won't be dispatched until july. It this just a shortage of stock or a change in the release date?

This is also the same for volume 12 of Kenshin. I also checked several websites but they all have different release dates.

Semajer said:
Can anyone tell me what the release date is for volume 6 of One Piece please?

I had ordered it from amazon but now it says that it won't be dispatched until july. It this just a shortage of stock or a change in the release date?

This is also the same for volume 12 of Kenshin. I also checked several websites but they all have different release dates.

Why didn't you just order VIZ Media's One Piece.

According to Gollancz's official site One Piece 6 AND 7 should be out this month or should be out now.

EDIT: Just checked volume 6 is set for June same with 7.

Me and my friend check thoroughly every time we go to Liverpool manga stores for OP 6/7 and we've checked around... 6 times in the past month and a half, last time I checked was Sunday and I'm yet to see either OP volumes. -_-

They aren't out yet. I was collecting their Kenshin release, but I got so fed up with the constant delays that I ordered the Viz versions of volume 12 + 13 several weeks ago. For unknown reasons, Gollancz have had serious delays on their Manga releases for some time. But they have started releasing Manga again, so One Piece and Kenshin will be continued eventually.

At the moment though the release dates to trust are on the Gollancz website, although if there are last minute delays (and their frequently are) they can be slow to update. Amazon's release dates are plain wrong, but their in stock status is good way of checking if the books have been released. However, don't forget that Amazon list both the Viz versions and the Gollancz versions be sure to check you have the right version if looking on there.

The Gollancz site has been updated.

One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin have been delayed by a week.

Also the volumes for December have been added.

Deidara said:
I'm also having trouble finding those volumes...I was thinking they may not be out yet but then I notice OP volumes 8 and 9 -.-

That's because, as Semajer says, they're not out yet. Nobody seems to have told Amazon that though, so in time honoured tradtion they've listed them as usually dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks or 9 to 10 days, both of which really mean "we don't have this in stock and we have no idea why as we should do."

As for your complaint about One Piece volumes 8 and 9 neither are out yet, what you're seeing are the Viz release. On Amazon and elsewhere both are still listed for pre order, although Amazon do have the Viz volumes in stock. Volume 9 has always been down for 25th June release so it shouldn't be out yet anyway.

As I said before, the release dates that can be trusted are on Gollancz's website, Amazon are notorious for listing incorrect release dates, particularly in instances such as this when releases have been delayed. Amazon stock indicators can only be trusted if they explicitly say they have something in stock, otherwise they're meaningless at best and down right misleading at worst.

I can`t wait to get them . A few weeks ago I saw one piece volume 4 in methens so I got it because I had volume 5 since christmas and been looking all these months. I hope the volume 6 and 7 are released soon.

Back