Gollancz manga dead?

CitizenGeek said:
I wonder what's happening to the release of Case Closed in the UK, then?

To be honest I don't care. Gollancz weren’t that great and I can just get the American versions. I usually buy the American versions anyway. Its just much simpler in my eyes.

Sakimori said:
CitizenGeek said:

To be honest I don't care
Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't care either, mayn. Seeing as CitizenGeek is rather concerned over the series as he probably bought Gollancz releases, as I did with One Piece.

Lupus Inu said:
Sakimori said:
CitizenGeek said:

To be honest I don't care
Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't care either, mayn. Seeing as CitizenGeek is rather concerned over the series as he probably bought Gollancz releases, as I did with One Piece.

I know that dude. I was just saying my mind. I wasn't specifically talking to CitizenGeek, I have the Gollancz releases of Kenshin as well.

Sakimori said:
CitizenGeek said:

To be honest I don't care. Gollancz weren’t that great and I can just get the American versions. I usually buy the American versions anyway. Its just much simpler in my eyes.

Yeah, I could just as easily do that too. But I'm worried about the people, who aren't manga enthusiasts, that collected that manga. If it's on store shelfs, then these people aren't going to know what to do, I don't think!

No idea whether Gollancz is still going or not these days. Despite apparently being dead, I picked up UK versions of Rurouni Kenshin 12+13 along with Maison Ikkoku 13! (This was from a Borders store)

According to their site Kenshin only came about less than 2 weeks ago! (and it looks like they skipped Ikkoku 12 as well... :( )

Gollancz isn't dead yet, they've still got a huge number of books to publish before the end of the year. Simon and Schuster are only listing the volumes that Gollancz haven't already scheduled, which implies to me that they don't have the rights to publish them. So if those Gollancz releases end up being delayed again, we might end up with the situation where Kenshin 17 (due in Feb from S&S) is published before volume 16 (due end of Nov from Gollancz, assuming no more delays).

MONONOKE said:
I got a few of the gollancz releases like vol 1-5 of one piece but I am going to get the american releases that way it would be more cheaper.

"That way it would be cheaper" don't you meen & no it's not really, £6 a volume from VIZ, or 3 Gollancz manga for a £10, Do the math you save more on Gollancz.

Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:
I got a few of the gollancz releases like vol 1-5 of one piece but I am going to get the american releases that way it would be more cheaper.

"That way it would be cheaper" don't you meen & no it's not really, £6 a volume from VIZ, or 3 Gollancz manga for a £10, Do the math you save more on Gollancz.

Depends where you buy them. Online it probably is cheeper.

Sakimori said:
Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:

"Online it probably is cheaper" don't you meen & no not really it costs about £2 more or something due to post & packaging & usually your location depending on which website you go to.

Loli Lover said:
Sakimori said:
Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:

"Online it probably is cheaper" don't you meen & no not really it costs about £2 more or something due to post & packaging & usually your location depending on which website you go to.

I usually use Amazon UK for manga, Something like £3/4 a volume, And [for me] its better to buy in bulk so with Amazon UK its like £15 and over for free p&p. Its a win - win situation.

Jayme said:
Loli Lover said:
Sakimori said:
Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:

I usually use Amazon UK for manga, Something like £3/4 a volume, And [for me] its better to buy in bulk so with Amazon UK its like £15 and over for free p&p. Its a win - win situation.

Hmmm, so it is...

Loli Lover said:
Jayme said:
Loli Lover said:
Sakimori said:
Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:

Hmmm, so it is...
that is what I am doing buying ln bulk from amazon.

MONONOKE said:
Loli Lover said:
Jayme said:
Loli Lover said:
Sakimori said:
Loli Lover said:
MONONOKE said:

Hmmm, so it is...
that is what I am doing buying ln bulk from amazon.

Do it then.

Back