God Of War franchise

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
Anyone played God Of War on the PS2? I absolutely loved this game (though I don't think its gameplay mechanics are as good as Devil May Cry 3).

Stunning soundtrack, and though he maybe clichèd, I thought the main character Kratos was fantastic.

What do peeps think? And what do people think God Of War 2 will be like? :)

Graphics of the first game were amazing, gameplay was smooth and flowed really well and although its didn't have some of the refinement of DMC3 is did have a better difficulty setting. In my opinion GOW is more playable than DMC as it sacrifices DMC's difficulty (lets face it DMC3 was brutally hard in places) for a better playability, you can leave GOW and go back to it and not feel like you have to retain or relearn attacks and moves.

If GOW2 follows on from the originals example it will be a truely epic game and something that shoul;d definately be added to most gamers collections........ HOWEVER it better be longer than the first one as I found GOW to be too short.

Agree with most stuff there McIcy (though I do prefer Devil May Cry 3), though I thought the length of the first game was about right (though to be fair different people have different expectations for elements such as the length of a game).

I think God Of War 2 will probably be more of the same, but that's no bad thing as far as I'm concerned. Released next year, isn't it?

Just to let you all know I got my 2007 Games Master release dates list today and.....

God Of War 2 is due out on the 14th March 2007

McIcy said:
Just to let you all know I got my 2007 Games Master release dates list today and.....

God Of War 2 is due out on the 14th March 2007

Excluding any delays, that isn't to bad. Thanks for the info.

McIcy, you seen the trailer for God Of War II yet? I was on Play.com and thought I'd find out when it was released and how much it is (its released offically in the UK on 30/03/07 at time of writing) and they had the trailer.

After watching it I've become all excited again! Some of the new monsters and landscapes look wonderful (I love the brief seqeunce where I assume Kratos has the Hammer of Thor and he whacks some massive monster with it!).

I pre-ordered it as a result (the memory of the first God Of War flooded back to me too).

The first four months of 2007 are probably the swang-song for the PS2. I mean, Okami on Friday, Final Fantasy XII two weeks later, about four weeks later God Of War II and, despite the fact this is more my own individual choice, Tomb Raider: Anniversary in April. I can't recall a period like this for a long time.

Excitable rhetoric over. :)

WOW, just flicked over to check out the trailer and wow is all I could say and think.

The backgrounds look so detailed, especially the bit where he running down the chain from the castle.

The bosses are obviously bigger too

McIcy, obviously we won't know for sure until we've played it for ourselves, but if you had to make a guess on the sources we have available at the moment, do you think this will be better than all the Devil May Cry games?

I think it will be, and I think it will be a more technically advanced sequel than I expected it to be from the first God Of War game (I thought number II was going to be more of the same, but it comes across as more than that).

You read any previews for it McIcy? I read the one on IGN and the one on Gamespot.

Very promising indeed.

As long as they don't go DMC and over charge the hardness I think it will be a stunningly better

The visuals looks cleaner, the bosses look more extreme but GOW doesn't make them so hard it makes the game boring. Number 2 will be more button bashing violence but thats not different from the first game or DMC.

From the reviews its looking very promising :D

Hope the soundtrack is as good as the first game too. Loved that soundtrack!

Kind of appropraite too don't you think. In March we have this released and the film 300.

Its been delayed a further two weeks but at least were getting a two disc special edition with tin case.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/ ... oduct.html

I just realised, after God Of War II and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary as far as I can make-out, there won't be any what I'd call flagship games for the format anymore (there will be other games, but no stand-outs).

Thought I'd share that.

Still, this should be excellent. Though its up to the individual to make their final verdict, all the reviews for this have been more than favourable. Story is meant to be better too.

Even Harry Hamlin (I think that's his name) who played Perseus in the Clash Of The Titans film has a vocal roll for the same character in God Of War II. :)

Back