Give Me Some Classics

Thought I would post some more,

Saber Marionette (R, J, J Again and J-X)
Here is Greenwood
Genesis Survivor Gaiarth
Spirit of Wonder
Phantom Quest Corp
Devil Hunter Yohko
Moldiver

mangaman74 said:
Thought I would post some more,

Saber Marionette (R, J, J Again and J-X)
Here is Greenwood
Genesis Survivor Gaiarth
Spirit of Wonder
Phantom Quest Corp
Devil Hunter Yohko
Moldiver
ah genesis survivor gaiarth,now there is a blast from the past,i,ve still got the uk vhs tapes,need to dig them out for a re-watch,really loved that show when i was first getting into anime.

Professor Irony said:
If you liked Gaiarth, you might want to check out Scramble Wars sometime - Ital, Sahari and Zaxon all have amusing cameos in it.
Funny you should mention that,when i was digging out my old Gaiarth vhs tapes to re-watch i also dug out Scramble Wars,forgot how funny it was,exellent afternoon of nostalgic anime viewing. :D

Aha, someone else still has the Super Deformed Double Feature? Awesome.

It's a long shot, but by any chance do you still have the little trivia card that comes with the tape? I lent mine to a friend who lost the card, and I've been trying ever since to find some kind soul who might hook me up with a scan...

Professor Irony said:
Aha, someone else still has the Super Deformed Double Feature? Awesome.

It's a long shot, but by any chance do you still have the little trivia card that comes with the tape? I lent mine to a friend who lost the card, and I've been trying ever since to find some kind soul who might hook me up with a scan...
I,m afraid i dont have the triva card,i do remember it,cant remember what i did with mine but its long gone now,sorry cant be of any help.

Ah well, no worries. Thanks anyway.

I don't think there's anything too fascinating on the card (only thing I can remember was song lyrics), it just always bothered me that I lost it.

Should I watch Iria dubbed or subbed? I'm in a mood for watching classics myself but only OVAs and such, can't be dealing with long series, I have enough as it is with weeklies.

I have fond memories of Iria's dub (that's how I watched the show back when Pioneer released it here on VHS) but my last couple of rewatches have been in Japanese with subtitles. Mid-90s dubs tend to be rather hit and miss, and I guess I wanted to preserve those fond memories rather than risk tainting them forevah. (/Lodoss War)

TLDR: flip a coin

If there was a anime hall of fame built tomorrow the following would have to be in it. Based on fans and importance.

Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Ghost In The Shell movies and Stand Alone Complex
Evangellion
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Dragon Ball Z
Sailor Moon
Gundam
Pokemon
Cardcaptors
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Bubblegum Crisis
Robotech
Harui Suzimaya
Fruits Basket
Escaflowne
Mushishi
Yuyu Hakusho
Detective Conan
Code Geass
Slayers
Ranma 1/2
Digimon
Urusei Yatsura
Samurai Champloo
Lupin
Azumanga Daioh
Ah! My Goddess
Love Hina
Genshiken
Welcome To The NHK
BECK
Macross
Akira
Ninja scroll
All Studio Ghibi movies
Perfect Blue
Paranoia Agent

Does anyone want to add to the list?

Two of those are English dub only cut jobs. Cardcaptor Sakura should be there not Cardcaptors and Robotech (you had Macross listed twice?).
It's all too recent you've missed out some very important old shows

You're missing:
Space battleship Yamato,
Urotsukidoji (tenticles),
Mazinger Z (first super robot),
Cutie Honey (nude transformation scenes)
Lolita anime, (first Hentai, starts lolicon boom)
Cream Lemon (the other important hentai/loilicon),
Tetsujin 28, (the origin of bishounen, shoutacon is named after it)
Doraemon, (very long + famous)
Sazae-san, (longest running anime)
Anpanman, (most characters)

1963-Astroboy,The Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon
1968-The Little Norse Prince
1969-Puss In Boots(Nagagutsu wo Haita Neko),The Flying Ghost Ship
1971-Lupin the 3rd,Animal Treasure Island,Alibaba and the 40 Thieves-Alibabas Revenge
1972-Gatchaman,Mazinger Z,Panda Go Panda,Puss n Boots 2
1973-Doraemon
1974-Getter Robo,Heidi,Girl of the Alps,Space Battelship Yamato
1975-A Dog of Flanders,Getter robo G,Tekkaman The Space Knight
1976-3000 Miles in Search of Mother,Combattler V,Puss n Boots 3
1977-Rascal the Raccoon,Zambot 3,Voltes V
1978-Perinne's Story,Future Boy Conan,Galaxy Express 999,Space Pirate Captain Harlock,Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
1979-Anne of Green Gables,Mobile Suit Gundam 0079,Rose Of Versailles,Castle Of Cagliostro
1980-Space Runaway Ideon,Toward The Terra Movie
1981-Golion,Urusei Yatsura,Rokushin Gattai Godmars,Queen Millennia,Chie the Brat
1982-Gauche the Cellist,Super Dimensional Fortress Macross,Space Adventure Cobra,Arcadia Of My Youth
1983-Armored Trooper Votoms,Aura Battler Dunbine,Barefoot Gen,Genesis Climber Mospeada
1984-Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind,Cats Eye,Fist Of The North Star,Macross Do You Remember Love,Sherlock Hound,Southern Cross,
1985-Angels Egg,,Mobile Suit Gundam Z,Night On The Galactic Railroad,Touch,Dirty Pair.
1986-Laputa:Castle in the Sky,Fist Of The North Star Movie,Maison Ikkoku,Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ,Saint Seiya,Dragonball
1987-City Hunter,Kimagure Orange Road,Metal Armor Dragonar,Robot Carnival,Wings Of Honneamise
1988-My Neighbour Totoro,Grave Of The Fireflies,Akira,Ronin Warriors,Legend of the Galactic Heroes
1989-Kiki's Delivery Service,Dragonball Z,Gunbuster,Patlabor tv,Ranma,Yawara,Neo Tokyo(Manie-Manie-Meiyuu Monogatari) A special mention must go to the classic 1958 movie Hakujaden(Panda and the Magic Serpent)regarded as the first colour anime feature movie and also had a very young Rintaro as a in-between animator at the ripe old age of 17,an enchanting and charming movie which every anime fan should at least see once even just for historical reasons,oh and just noticed i missed out the 1965 classic Gullivers Space Travels from 1965 another early movie which had a certain Hayao Miyazaki as a in-between and actually proposed several changes to the script,its always good and intresting to see the early foundations of a future master of the art.

Can't help but notice people are saying Dragon Ball Z and not Dragon Ball.

Why skip the first 153 episodes with barely a recap?

You'll miss out on all the pervy humoooooouuuuur.

Let me have a try what I can conjure out of my big bananabox full with VHS Tapes:

Captain Future (1978)
Wicked City (1987)
Bubblegum Crisis (1987)
Crying Freeman (1988)
Riding Bean (1989)
Green Legend Ran (1992)
Big Wars (1993)
Genocyber (1993)
The Hakkenden (1993)
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (1994)
Blue Seed (1994)
El-Hazard - The Magnificent World OVA (1995)

@The Time Traveller
But I say Dragonball :lol:
I want the first five Seasons so hard on DVD cause I think the first seasons with young Goku are pure Classics...in comparison to the later ones :?

The Time Traveller said:
Can't help but notice people are saying Dragon Ball Z and not Dragon Ball.

Why skip the first 153 episodes with barely a recap?

You'll miss out on all the pervy humoooooouuuuur.
Totally agree,Dragon Ball is a total classic and miles ahead of Dragon Ball Z,and as much as i love Z its not even in the same class as Dragon Ball.

Waxon said:
Plan to watch:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
Urusei Yatsura
Maison Ikkoku
Dominion Tank Police
Patlabor
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Cutie Honey
I was thinking about what I could recommend, but I think I'll come back in about six years when you finish all this stuff. :lol:

But seriously, the first thing I thought of that no-one else had mentioned is Gall Force.

Back