GitS: Stand Alone Complex Vol. 3 delay

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In a spate of news updates, Neo magazine have revealed several tasty nuggets of information concerning forthcoming UK releases.

Slightly disappointing is the news that the DVD release of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Vol. 3 as been pushed back (by Manga Ent.) from the 21st of March until the 16th of May. We are yet to discover how this will effect the release dates of subsequent volumes.

Similarly, Columbia Tri-Star's Astro Boy DVD releases have been put on ice until further notice. The first two volumes were originally supposed to be released in the UK yesterday.

Lastly, Optimum confirmed to Neo magazine that they have snapped up the UK rights for Appleseed but they have no concrete release plans as yet.

More waiting for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (sign) i hope manga dont start doing a bezz and bring dates back all the time. Oh well i knew that some of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex dvds would be put back, there was no way manga would bring them out each mouth.

as if it wasnt bad enough we had a 5 month wait between vols 1&2, and now this. they've had more than enough time to make sure that they would be able to get it all ready. this is really not the way to do things when you're a company only just getting back on its feet and need to regain the confidence of your market base

Slightly off topic, but did you know Ghost In The Shell isn't the only thing that can be abbreviated as GITS?

A game called Metal Arms (nifty little title for those who are interested) is subtitled "Glitch In The System", aka GITS. Impressed?

Your not?! Shame on you. No, I mean it. Shame on you.

:wink: :D

I like Metal Arms, nifty little game.
But GITS means one thing only!

And how can they slip the dates AGAIN?

This is one of the reasons people import... :x

At this rate I'll have all of Bebop before GITS SAC has finished coming out, it's such a shame as it's a decent series and a chance for Manga to show they're not only about cash-ins (multiple releases of the GITS movie, Ninja Scroll and now they'll be releasing an Eva box of End of Evangelion and Death and Rebirth).

Dead Leaves is fun and new, but a full £20 for a one hour show is steep.

Actually, while I'd prefer the series out as fast as possible, I think this is a good move by Manga.

The thing is, I've been hearing a lot about various problems that have been plaguing the region 1 release of Stand Alone Complex. IIRC, Manga took the time to fix those issues in the first volume.

As long as the delay means that this release isn't going to suffer from any major problems (well, these days, every anime series release seems to snag on something *cough*cough*Escaflowne re-release boxset*. :roll: ), then I'm all for it.

Plus, it gives me more time to get my hands on Last Exile. Sorry Manga, just had to put that in :twisted:

subedii said:
Actually, while I'd prefer the series out as fast as possible, I think this is a good move by Manga.

The thing is, I've been hearing a lot about various problems that have been plaguing the region 1 release of Stand Alone Complex. IIRC, Manga took the time to fix those issues in the first volume.

As long as the delay means that this release isn't going to suffer from any major problems (well, these days, every anime series release seems to snag on something *cough*cough*Escaflowne re-release boxset*. :roll: ), then I'm all for it.

Plus, it gives me more time to get my hands on Last Exile. Sorry Manga, just had to put that in :twisted:

I may or may not have mentioned this already (apologies if I have) but once my income is better, I'm probably just going to get these series in one (possibly two) chunks. So while this GITS series is coming out I can focus on other things.

Thought I'd share my (hopeful) future purchasing habits with you there! :D :D :D

Back