GITS, Spider Tank R-3000

Mr B

Student Council President
My latest build is going well but I keep adding details like the car (built from scratch) under the Tank. I should have it finished in another week or so :)

This is the Tank from the end of the 1st Ghost in the Shell Movie

st_14.jpg

Now that is cool, I love the detail added by the car, gives you more of a sense of the size of the tank.

Can't wait to see how this one is finished

Now you mention it the car does look like a Volvo, but with a bit of Jag' and R'R in there also :D

I'll post up once it's completed...

Still to do (sat in a box on the desk):

Mihoshi (1/6)
Motoko Kusanagi (1/12)

Quick update -

st_21.jpg

the gun arms need to be attached and a little more work on the weathering. Then I need to finish the car and the base :D

Mr. B, I have a query:

It may sound like a no-brainer, but do these models actually require excellent painting skills? - or can a paint-tard such as myself produce even a half decent looking finished product? =d

Some of it is down to skill and having the right tools (paints and brushes/airbrush) but find I do a better job if I don't rush it. As long as you don't try to be too fancy to start with, you'll be fine...

The biggest thing that effects overall quality of the finish is the prep-work on the kit before you start painting - here's a usefull link that covers all the bases when it comes to doing a Garage kit like this :D

Nearly done... the top and bottom halves required glueing together, then it's just the car that needs to be completed :D

st_22.jpg

st_23.jpg

st_24.jpg

st_25.jpg

The base really helps bring the model to life, I can't wait to see what it'll look like wih the smashed up car underneathe it

Very nearly done, just the wheels, roof & glass to put on the car, though the figure does look a little dodgie...

st_28.jpg

st_29.jpg

A quick pic of it at about 98% complete - only touch up work left and some scale ammo shells to purchase...

st_30.jpg

Back