GITS 2: Innocence dvd

I am so looking forward to hearing the dub for that, and for me that is strange thing to say. I'll be sticking to the 2 disk release though, I already have the first movie. Glad to see they used better artwork than the US release.

MANGA! YOU HAD BETTER NOT MESS THIS ONE UP!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I am so looking forward to hearing the dub for that, and for me that is strange thing to say. I'll be sticking to the 2 disk release though, I already have the first movie. Glad to see they used better artwork than the US release.

MANGA! YOU HAD BETTER NOT MESS THIS ONE UP!

What's the chances of that?

oh yeah, right *notes some of the worst dubs of all time down and goes very quiet* :roll: :wink:

Warmaster said:
What's the chances of that?

oh yeah, right *notes some of the worst dubs of all time down and goes very quiet* :roll: :wink:
Well by messing it up I meant in a more technical sense. Audio glitches and out of sync subtitles like on other recent Manga releases.

With the Stand Alone Complex cast the dub shall be good.

Dragon of Heaven said:
Erm, would I upset anyone if I said it wasn't that good?

I can see why someone wouldn't like it, it is really heavy on the brain. You need have to have an interest in philosophy and connotations to really appreciation it.

Everyone makes that assumption :) I don't like it, so I must not be interlectual. I am, university, Asimov fan and whatnot.

It is not heavy on the brain. Its interlectual worth is about equal to a single episode of SAC or Bubblegum Crisis, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, those shows are about 23 minutes long, the movie is closer to two hours, they just pad it with numerious qoutations. Its not as clever as the movie thinks it is.

To each his own, but the actual plot is a five bullet point affair. I've found the series to be far better. The movie doesn't live up to the standard of the rest of the franchise.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Nope, because I know in myself it is most excellent.

To each his own, you love what you love.

The GITS 1 dvd that comes as part of this DVd is called special edition. Anyone knoiw if its gonna be different from the one Manga has already released?

Unit 0 said:
The GITS 1 dvd that comes as part of this DVd is called special edition. Anyone knoiw if its gonna be different from the one Manga has already released?

From what the description says it looks exactly like the 1st and 2nd edition releases (the 2nd edition has a slipover and a different menu).

Everyone makes that assumption I don't like it, so I must not be interlectual. I am, university, Asimov fan and whatnot.

By no means did I mean to imply that if you don’t have an interest in philosophy that your not intellectual, you can have zero interest in philosophy and still be intelligent, what simply mean is that you need to have an interest into to like GITS 2.

Dragon of Heaven said:
Everyone makes that assumption I don't like it, so I must not be interlectual. I am, university, Asimov fan and whatnot.

By no means did I mean to imply that if you don’t have an interest in philosophy that your not intellectual, you can have zero interest in philosophy and still be intelligent, what simply mean is that you need to have an interest into to like GITS 2.

That's fine then. I'm sorry to jump on you, but that's the response I've tended to get when I've said that I don't like Innocence :)

You see, my problem with it is that the entire philosphy aspect in the movie amounts to padding. The manga version of this story was very short, and you could done the entire thing in a single episode of SAC. If you like it, great, but you have acknowledge that flaw first.

As far as I'm concerned the movie is fine apart from that, but it suffers from director's indulgence.

I think the movie does it's job and is about the right length for the story. Unlike the first movie it doesn't put all it's weight on the philosophy and is able to tell an excellent detective story as well. I actually prefer it over the first movie because of that(and the fact that the Batou and Togusa team is awesome ;D).Thats my thoughts anyway.

I'm afraid this is my favourite film this decade so far, and that includes the likes of 'Old Boy' and the brilliant 'Kung Fu Hustle'.

I like the content in this film. Its true that it disguises the fact the film is more intelligent than it actually is (though I still think its more intelligent than most films I've seen - and I've seen a lot), but compared to Hollywood this is ultra high-brow.

In fact, the Ghost In The Shell property has made me read books on Philosophy, Ehtics, Artificial Intelligence and Conciousness.

Thought I'd share that.

Back