Gigs/Festivals/Concerts

RetroRainbow said:
List of people I've seen~
Kate Nash (seeing her again in a few weeks)
Regina Spektor
Babyshambles
Hard-Fi
Feeder
Arctic Monkeys
Klaxons
My Chemical Romance
Blondie
Girls Aloud
The Strokes
Charlotte Hatherley
Scissor Sisters
The Who
Avril Lavigne x 2 (First time, was delighted. Second time, was forced to go, sadly)
Cascada x 3 or so (I was young, and liked the 'aul trance')
Flip & Fill (same reason above)
Calvin Harris
New Young Pony Club
Muse
Spinto Band
Razorlight
The Kooks
The Gossip
Enter Shikari

not bad, theres quite afew in there i wud kill to see!!

Went to see Emmy the Great the other day and she was just amazing, aswell as the support act The Wave Pictures.

Got Dir En Grey later this month as well as Rilo Kiley.

Listing bands i've seen, in order i saw them (near enough)
* indicates Give It a Name shows, only posted the bands i watched and liked.

Sugarcult (x2)
Blink 182
Willy Mason
Fightstar
InMe
American Hi-Fi
Bowling for Soup
Butch Walker (x2)
Foo Fighters
Fall Out Boy
Alexisonfire
My Chemical Romance
Taking Back Sunday*
The Ataris*
The Bled*
The Honorary Title*
The Blackout*
Say Anything*
My Chemical Romance*
UnderOath*
Silverstein*
Goldfinger*
Billy Talent*
Lostprophets*
Gym Class Heroes*
Paramore*
Panic at the Disco*
Classic Case*
Thrice*
Bayside*
Angels and Airwaves*
We Are Scientists*
Hundred Reasons*
Feeder
HORSE the Band
Death Cab for Cutie
Taking Back Sunday
Hellogoodbye
Imogen Heap
Plus 44
Brand New
Norma Jean
He is Legend
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Showdown
Alexisonfire
Comeback Kid
Enter Shikari
Emmy The Great (x2)
The Wave Pictures

Well I went to see bloodhound gang a few weeks ago!! Man that was a funny gig!!! Unfortunately I havent been to many gigs mainly because a) my parents have always been abit funny about it! and b) because GCSE and A levels have been getting in the way! But my gigging life begins now as things have died down!!

The only bands I've been to see are:
Bloodhound Gang
Lostprophets
Faithless (good atmosphere and they were good but not my sort of music!)

The bands I would most like to see are:
Foo Fighters
The Offspring
Metallica (Had the chance but I couldnt go! man that sucked!)
The Pixies (if they continue to do live shows)
The Chilis (RHCP)
Turbonegro
Tenacious D
CKY

If anyone knows if these bands are doing gigs in the coming year (yes I know about foos but I cant go!) then please let me know - or if you know good sites to look out for tickects please send me a link!

Churchy99 said:
The Offspring

I had a chance to see them when they last toured, I'm hoping they will announce a new tour soon, they are one of my favorite bands.

Churchy99 said:

They were rumored to be at Download earlier this year, but they would only do it if they were given main stage. I would of loved it if they had shown up.

The only gig i have been to so far is the second day of Download 2007. If i had the money i would have stayed for all three days. Plus it would of been fun to see how many more Bottle fights took place :wink:

I've never been to see a band live like... ever, I don't really like anyone enough to go see them, I was intending to go see Dir en Grey, but I'm sure there would be a bunch of retards going so I went against it, I just listen to their music, I don't want to ******* fight to the death over them. ;/

I really wanted to see Dir en Grey but they sold out so freakin' fast! Although i saw and met Polysics earlier last year so that fueled my jrock appetite for a while ^^

As for upcoming gigs, is anyone going to The Black Crusade this month?

Line up includes:

- Arch Enemy
- Machine Head
- Dragonforce
- Trivum
- Shadows Fall
(and probably some shite supports bands)

Im seriously looking forward to it!

Nyu said:
I went to see the Foo Fighters friday past. going to see the Sex Pistols on sunday.

The Foos - Hope you had fun!!! What songs did they play or what where the best ones? Did they do stacked actors Im really addicted to it at the moment!!

Nyu said:
I went to see the Foo Fighters friday past. going to see the Sex Pistols on sunday.

Real jealous, two legendary bands in like 2 weeks lol.

Really wished i went to see the Foo's now, saw them on the last tour and they were amazing but they played my home city this time and i missed it.
Not been to fussed with the last two albums (not actually given this new one enough of a chance) but i hear Pat Smear has been on this tour with them :eek: so now i'm even more upset i didn't get to see them especially with Pat back in the line up.
Also apparently at the Sheffield gig Dave did a duet with Serj Tankin. How awesome.

If anyone remembers them, My Bloody Valentine are doing a reunion tour next summer...I've just booked two tickets for their second Manchester show. :D Their first tour in over 16 years! It's going to be fantastic...I hope. I don't think Shields has done anything since the soundtrack to Lost in Translation so it may mean some new material too...

Just got back from seeing Emma Pollock which was fantastic. There were two supporting acts, the first was a woman with an acoustic and was pretty good but the second I can't say I was a fan of... some dodgy poet guy?

Anyway it was a **** load of goodness and they gave me one of the handwritten setlists off of the stage which is a really nice souvenir. :)

I've only got two coming up at the moment.

DIO ~ Distraught Overlord in November -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhJhd-h4gUQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhJhd-h4gUQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and LM.C next year (In Jan or Feb) -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTD-uMAF1mE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTD-uMAF1mE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I missed the festivals this year (I'd love to see Muse live someday) but the My Bloody Valentine reunion tour made up for that. They were the loudest live band I've ever heard, which is saying something! Gorgeous and mindblowing, but painfully loud.

thund3r said:
I really wanted to see Dir en Grey but they sold out so freakin' fast! Although i saw and met Polysics earlier last year so that fueled my jrock appetite for a while ^^

As for upcoming gigs, is anyone going to The Black Crusade this month?

Line up includes:

- Arch Enemy
- Machine Head
- Dragonforce
- Trivum
- Shadows Fall
(and probably some shite supports bands)

Im seriously looking forward to it!

I want to go now you've told me about it.

Back