Ghostbusters the game?

It'd be about time they got around to making it, there have been rumours of a new game for years.

If it came out on the Wii you could actually use the controller as the blaster

Anyone remember the old Ghostbusters game from the 1980's? There was another one on the Sega Megadrive (aka Genesis) too as well.

It was a 2D platformer shoot 'em up if I recall. Other than those two I think its about time Ghostbusters gets a decent video game release (though a good, unofficial alternative would be Ghosthunter on the PS2. The same team - Studio Cambridge I think it was - developed Ghosthunter. They also developed Primal.). :)

The plot summary for the intended 3rd Ghostbusters film was leaked a couple of year’s back (I think?). Like most films this generation it didn't star the original cast but younger actors with a couple of cameos, which seems to be the awful growing trend amongst cult cinema.

Give me adults Hollywood!

It does look gritty, which isn’t a typically bad thing, but if a game is made out of the pieces they have then I hope they include some daylight scenes and the standard 80’s teamwork and heroes ideals.

Clearly though a Ghostbusters game should come out for the Wii – using the remote as the proton blaster and nunchuck for sliding traps ftw!

He's also unofficially confirmed the game, saying that Universal have the rights for it, and that he's going to do some mocap and voice work for them, some time next year. See Kotaku and Gamespot.

While I'm not getting my hopes too high (again), I'm cautiosly optimistic that all goes well and we get a shiny new CG Ghostbusters movie and a good game to go with it. Here's hopin...

Back